Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting there... Build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

That was funny...����������

Good work OP!

Old 07-29-2016, 11:35 PM
Ethan21
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished except the front suspension.

Better pictures will come when I have some days off.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:04 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Ethan21
2016 FXDB started from scratch
Originally Posted by Ethan21
I am stripping my bike down and replacing parts therefore I am building off of the stock platform.
Damn bud, why all the attitude man? He was just correcting your mis-terminology. I wouldn't have personally called you on it, but I thought the same thing, and somebody was bound to do so. There's actually a lot that can be learned here if you listen, rather than just taking a defensive stance. The term "Build" as it pertains to bikes is of course subjected to opinion. You're obviously pretty new to the HD scene or you'd already know some of the terms. "Starting from scratch" IMO refers to starting with a bare frame. Not starting with a complete, new, running bike. "Stripping my bike down" IMO refers to taking it down to a bare frame. Not taking a few parts off. And in reality, what you've done with you bike, couldn't be further from an actual "Build" in anybody's opinion. It's really just slightly customized with bolt-on goodies.

You did a nice job and the bike looks good. But it's as far from being a "Build" as you can get. You can call the bike Red if you want, but it ain't. Big deal, just incorrect terminology, that's all. He should be thanked for his post. It can save you from sounding like an idiot when you're in the bar boasting about your build. I'm not crapping on you either. I'm just offering a bit of education.

Here's a fairly recent thread on the topic, might make for an interesting read.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...t-modding.html

Enjoy your ride bud, it's looking good!

Old 07-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Ethan21
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Damn bud, why all the attitude man? He was just correcting your mis-terminology. I wouldn't have personally called you on it, but I thought the same thing, and somebody was bound to do so. There's actually a lot that can be learned here if you listen, rather than just taking a defensive stance. The term "Build" as it pertains to bikes is of course subjected to opinion. You're obviously pretty new to the HD scene or you'd already know some of the terms. "Starting from scratch" IMO refers to starting with a bare frame. Not starting with a complete, new, running bike. "Stripping my bike down" IMO refers to taking it down to a bare frame. Not taking a few parts off. And in reality, what you've done with you bike, couldn't be further from an actual "Build" in anybody's opinion. It's really just slightly customized with bolt-on goodies.

You did a nice job and the bike looks good. But it's as far from being a "Build" as you can get. You can call the bike Red if you want, but it ain't. Big deal, just incorrect terminology, that's all. He should be thanked for his post. It can save you from sounding like an idiot when you're in the bar boasting about your build. I'm not crapping on you either. I'm just offering a bit of education.

Here's a fairly recent thread on the topic, might make for an interesting read.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...t-modding.html

Enjoy your ride bud, it's looking good!
I don't know how to change the title or I would. Thanks for the info and If the original poster came to me like this instead of how he did I would have had a different approach.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JohnMn
What your doing is not a "Build",, it's accessorizing or customizing,, your not building anything,, your swapping parts.

there's always "that guy"... there must be a "that guy" farm somewhere around here...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post14738099

Old 07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Ethan21
Intermediate

I wouldn't mind this thread to just go back to what it was intended to be, which is to show everyone my hard work,blood and sweat, and to let everyone see the work I have put in to my motorcycle. With like minded folk on the DYNA section of this forum I thought that there would be less attention to my terminology and more attention on the details of my bike maybe some suggestions on more "mods" to work on.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:43 AM
motorbikemike48
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bike man ......... mbm48