Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyna...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:00 PM
abez
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default My Dyna...

So I've never really posted my Dyna on HDForums to show it off. Ive mostly just asked questions while working on my bike. I thought that it's about time I showed off some of the modifications i've done.

My first Harley was a Shovelhead bobber that I customized to my liking and chopperized it.

So i wanted something more dependable that wouldn't fall apart on me on long rides so I bought this 2006 Dyna FXDB with 6080 miles. i got it from an older gentlemen who babied it and slightly modified it with a SE intake, V&H pipes and a power commander III.

I started modifying it with a memphis shades fairing with a spray job.

I then swapped the handlebars out for some 12" T-bars, added a laminar lip, got some black parts, some integrated mirror turn signals, gaiters, LED light bar,a Daymaker LED headlight, and swapped shocks for 14" Works, a mustang fastback seat and a Thunderheader.

I then decided I wanted to go with the larger FXRD fairing and some Mags. Thanks to a member on HDForums, I was able to get 2016 FXDLS wheels. And thanks to my friend mattVA, i got all the help i needed to swap out the 1" axles with 25mm axles and bearings and install the new wheels.

Over the winter I decided to take the time to do some real performance modifications. I stiffened the forks with a progressive heavy duty kit, some thicker oil and extended the fork tubes by 2". I also upgraded the existing brakes by adding the second caliper and rotors. to do this I had to get some fork sliders to mount them. Turns out i got some FXDF sliders and the mounting points were to close to the rotors. So that the brake pads would fit and not press against the rotors, I had the sliders machined down to the proper thickness to make this all work. I also swapped the bars out for some 14" WC MX bars. I now needed longer brake lines, throttle and idle wires, and clutch cables so I decided to go with extended Magnum Shielding black pearl all around. After seeing a couple performance shop bikes online and on instagram, I really liked the look of dual banjos with dual separate brake lines. I decided that I wanted a custom paint job and being that my wife happened to have family down in SOCAL that painted, I shipped off all my body parts to get some old school 70s west coast style chopper paint. while waiting for the parts to come back, I acquired a few things to set off the bike with the new paint when it came back. I replaced the speedometer and fuel gauge with Blue LED guages by HD and Dakota Digital. I got an integrated LED taillight and rear turn signals by Moons MC. I got an 11" smoke windshield by clearview shields. I acquired some heat shields and I sent them to get powdercoated gloss black to contrast the flat thunderheader. I removed the air cleaner cover and added a matching filter and cover. I sold my mustang seat and bought a corbin BMC "The Wall" seat. I installed some SDC mini boards and an San Diego Customs Bar Bag. I finally got all my parts back last weekend and installed them. I slapped some FXDLS badges on the tank to match the wheels.

My Dyna is now where I like it. I'm really liking how it's performing and how it looks.

There's just a few things left that i'm waiting on completing. I have powdercoated black mid controls waiting to be installed and at the same time I'm going to install a 30t pulley to increase some low end torque.

thanks for looking.

Last edited by abez; 04-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by abez:
BARSR (04-20-2017), h9ll (11-21-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn that's a good looking bike

Old 04-19-2017, 06:09 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Nice, it looks great! I really appreciate bikes that are truly one-off, nicely executed eye candy, but really look functional and awesome to ride as well...

What ever happened to the shovel?

Old 04-19-2017, 06:13 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

Dude bike came out sick good job.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:19 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Awesome. Very nice work. Thanks for the eye candy.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:14 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Turned out sweet, job well done

Old 04-19-2017, 08:34 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 370 Posts

Looks really good. I'm with you and heading the 2" over front direction

Old 04-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks bad ***! I love the paint!

Old 04-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Quite the transformation. Diggin the fairing and the paint.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:36 AM
abez
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by F86
Nice, it looks great! I really appreciate bikes that are truly one-off, nicely executed eye candy, but really look functional and awesome to ride as well...

What ever happened to the shovel?

had to sell the Shovelhead to finance the Dyna.

Quick Reply: My Dyna...