Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'16 FXDLS American Missile Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 249 Posts
Default '16 FXDLS American Missile Project

Loved this FXDLS from the first test ride. Very good handling and the 110 was super in a 640 lb bike. BUT, not being able to leave things alone, I started the AMP American Missile Project. The 117 is amazing in this bike. The tech tuning it for the first time had a 132 ft lbs of torque reading he said. More blacked out, Elite Heavy breather for the 58mm Throttle body, flush black gas cap and gauge, custom tank paint, wrapped Fuel Moto E Series exhaust. etc etc. Now to do something with those wheels Harley claims are gold but look more camo brown to me.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 09:39 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Love the tank graphics.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Thanks, I had that airbrushed on by a local artist then cleared. I tried to let the OEM "gold" emblem etc grow on me but it just didn't.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:15 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

I like that. Missiles are always nice.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:12 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

are you going to powder the wheels orange or something other than baby poo?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Originally thought to make the wheels totally Harley Orange but then changed my mind and will go with gloss black with a 1/4" wide orange stripe around the outside perimeter of each wheel. Not sure what Harley was thinkin when they called that color "gold". the wheels should be done within the week. Love riding this beast but it seems like every time it comes on the cam the telephone poles go by like a picket fence and I'm grossly exceeding the posted speed limit. BTW Nevil, saw your avatar, I have several cans of that same Harley beer in my basement as well as several for Daytona in the 80's and early 90's.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 08-21-2016 at 08:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cvaria (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 08:20 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,560 Likes on 3,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Originally thought to make the wheels totally Harley Orange but then changed my mind and will go with gloss black with a 1/4" wide orange stripe around the outside perimeter of each wheel. Not sure what Harley was thinkin when they called that color "gold". the wheels should be done within the week. Love riding this beast but it seems like every time it comes on the cam the telephone poles go by like a picket fence and I'm grossly exceeding the posted speed limit.
That sounds like a good plan. Best of luck with the project!

For posterity:

Old 08-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
That sounds like a good plan. Best of luck with the project!

For posterity:
Looks like I'm not the only one to change wheels or at least color. I would have liked to have a spare set of stock wheels to powdercoat and make the swap easier with a super short down time but couldn't find any on Ebay or locally and there you go, one set of stock wheels but still wearing the tires

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 08-21-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Looks like I'm not the only one to change wheels or at least color. I would have liked to have a spare set of stock wheels to powdercoat and make the swap easier with a super short down time but couldn't find any on Ebay or locally and there you go, one set of stock wheels but still wearing the tires
I was thinking the same thing but finding a set for a reasonable price is tough. Seems like while many don't like the color, an equal number do. I can't even find stock LR wheels (same wheels, just silver and black) anywhere.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:36 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I was thinking the same thing but finding a set for a reasonable price is tough. Seems like while many don't like the color, an equal number do. I can't even find stock LR wheels (same wheels, just silver and black) anywhere.
Maybe somebody would be interested in a swap.

Quick Reply: '16 FXDLS American Missile Project