Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color-rite Aerosol Complete Repair Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:28 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Color-rite Aerosol Complete Repair Package

Im looking for options on painting my t-sport fairing. All the local shops want 300 bucks to paint this ****ing thing. I could have my whole volkswagen painted for that. I searched the forums and have seen alot of dude are rattle canning their fairings. This is great if you are painting the fairing black, but my FXDL is the brilliant silver paint scheme. I found this on color rites site, http://www.colorrite.com/product/har...-2031.cfm#null

But I dont know if this aerosol package is enough to paint the fairing. Anyone use this kit?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I used it on mine and it turned out really well. I wish I would've prepped it a bit better than I did but all in all it's a great kit. Automotive grade paint, primer and clear. Mine was just a base color I can't say how a metallic will turn out but I can assume that it's decent. Take your time with the prep work.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rydercheers
I used it on mine and it turned out really well. I wish I would've prepped it a bit better than I did but all in all it's a great kit. Automotive grade paint, primer and clear. Mine was just a base color I can't say how a metallic will turn out but I can assume that it's decent. Take your time with the prep work.
awesome, so 1 11oz aerosol can is enough for the whole fairing?

Old 02-17-2017, 11:20 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser

Yeah I got the kit that had primer, paint, clearcoat, gloves, wipe clothes, and the buffing compound. I painted a H-D style 1/4 fairing with my kit. I would think a t-sport style minus the windshield would be about the same surface area. I have leftover color and primer. I used all my clearcoat doing the inside and outside but I also when heavy on it when spraying

The following users liked this post:
emperor wurm (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

cool, thanks for the info man.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser

No problem. Post up pictures if you decide to go this route.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I did this in another life....came out ok enough for me. It was HD color ordered online with some gloss clear coat. Held up great.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by emerican19
I did this in another life....came out ok enough for me. It was HD color ordered online with some gloss clear coat. Held up great.

Looks killer, my only issue is that I want to paint match the fairing with my bike. That brilliant silver looks to have alot of flake in it. I think im going to order the kit from color rite and hopefully the paint matches.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:57 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Some of the local auto paint suppliers here will fill aerosol cans with the color of your choice. Add a nice 2k (two-part, mix in spray can) aerosol clear and you should be golden.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:11 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cggorman
Some of the local auto paint suppliers here will fill aerosol cans with the color of your choice. Add a nice 2k (two-part, mix in spray can) aerosol clear and you should be golden.
This is more or less wehat the Color Rite kit is, the smell of all of it smells nothing like actual spray paint. It smells like the paint my body shop buddies use, the clear smells the most like it.

Quick Reply: Color-rite Aerosol Complete Repair Package