Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Need Help** To Buy Or Not To Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I have no idea what happens in the USA regarding emmission laws etc, but if it is like Europe try to get the newest bike possible not modded for your budget.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:26 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Smogbob
I have no idea what happens in the USA regarding emmission laws etc, but if it is like Europe try to get the newest bike possible not modded for your budget.
sucks for you folks. We don't have those sissy laws just yet.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Depends on you and your inclinations. I wouldn't buy it. I run from anything super modded. At this point, i wouldn't buy my own bikes from myself, lol.
I guess that depends on your definition of super modded. On this particular bike, I would definitely get it because I don't really consider it to be "super modded". Now if it had headwork, and a supercharger, that would be a little too much for my comfort. However only having a 113, fatcat, and a 6 speed, this bike is still very much within my comfort zone. With only 1000 miles on the build, I wouldn't worry. If it had 15,000 on the build, I'd think twice. I'd still want to go through it and inspect EVERYTHING, and check a few things like compression, cylinder leak down, etc, but if all that checked out I wouldn't worry.

it would definitely be better if you have a second bike. That way you have a hot rod to play with, and another for daily driver or trips or whatever you use it for. But that's just my two cents. Again, for that price, I would jump on it. I also would suggest getting any documents you can on any parts or work that was done on it.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Hondahawkrider
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Depends on you and your inclinations. I wouldn't buy it. I run from anything super modded. At this point, i wouldn't buy my own bikes from myself, lol.

I don't mind super modded if the price is right, and it's dialed in. The only advice or hesitation I would offer is I wouldn't recommend getting one looking to change it up mechanically, cosmetically is fine.. The issue is that a new owner might not know everything the po did to dial it in... Changing up mechanical stuff while possible may have some additional unforeseen challenges. It's doable, but your not starting with a known baseline, i.e. stock bike..

Seems like a good deal

Old 07-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,033 Likes on 2,935 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCrossbones09
Asking price is $5500 but will negotiate.
Like the bike..., prefer it have an S&S - but then the price would reflect that

Listen for peculiar noises..., ask how many miles..., how it was broke in..., see if there maintenance records for oil change frequency (bruto's are tighter toleranced and need fresh oil)

Not the best set up..., but certainly not the worst

I'd buy it (but then swap the motor)

Ghost