Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoulder or Lane Split?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 03:17 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

In most cases its ok to ride the shoulder in a harley in backed traffic. A lot of cops understand why you are doing it (overheating, etc) it the angry losers in cars you have to worry about. They will actually pull their cars/trucks into the shoulder to block you... but then get all upset when they kill you or cause an accident. A guy did to me on i95 in VA and I tuned up his mirror so he could ee the ground better. MF pulled right out, yipping and yelling.... fixed his *** nd kept going... risking my lifecause you are angry, he's lucky i did park it.

do it at your own risk in a state/ city where it isnt legal. People are stupid nd will do stupid stuff

Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,445 Likes on 2,577 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
In most cases its ok to ride the shoulder in a harley in backed traffic. A lot of cops understand why you are doing it (overheating, etc) it the angry losers in cars you have to worry about. They will actually pull their cars/trucks into the shoulder to block you... but then get all upset when they kill you or cause an accident. A guy did to me on i95 in VA and I tuned up his mirror so he could ee the ground better. MF pulled right out, yipping and yelling.... fixed his *** nd kept going... risking my lifecause you are angry, he's lucky i did park it.

do it at your own risk in a state/ city where it isnt legal. People are stupid nd will do stupid stuff
I've had my share of "funny guys" swerving in so I can't get by too. I've even had some jerk pop his door open to block me. Really? My thought was if you want 1000 lbs of hot motorcyle and pissed off biker in your lap, go ahead!

Last edited by brakeless; 08-16-2017 at 01:25 PM.