Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top end damage from a loose plug wire

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 04:10 PM
fugawi
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin R
Sorry but holy ****. How old are you? Do you have any common sense about engine's at all?
some say the only stupid question is the one you dont ask. Well I disagree.
hey kevin, if you cannot help,at least be nice. or SHUT THE F#%K UP AZZ HAT!!!

Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,334 Likes on 6,250 Posts

I don't have any feelings. lol I think its funny that posters get so angry that they need to start name calling. I must be back in junior high.
So to everyone who called me a name THANK YOU!! I now give all of you a participation award.
Well, I for one didn't call you anything, but with that said, if the shoe fits...

And remember, you're the one who came in here with absolutely zero help or advice for the OP and with no apparent intent except to bust his *****.
I don't really think anybody is angry, they're just pointing out your infantile behavior.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
I'm beginning to sense a pattern here - if your username bears a guys first name [kevin, arthur, keith :-)], there is undeniable evidence that you are a douche to be avoided.
Hey that's not fair lol I'm here to help others and get help when I need it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nickd2689:
iqbaliqbal (01-05-2018), sailmotion (01-05-2018)
rgb66
Club Member
Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Is it winter yet? I sense the onset of cabin fever.

SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

****, I'm just trying to pronounce the OP's name!

Try saying it 6 times real fast.

The following users liked this post:
iqbaliqbal (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

You guys are funny. Yep I am an *** hole, dick head, insensitive ect. People are just so sensitive these days. Everyone have a great day.
I agree 100%...you are an *******. As for not having any feelings, yep no deep seated over compensation issues there. However I don't think any of us actually got angry. In my case, I told you what I thought of you as well as (and I can't stress this enough) we don't need you here. This community is about helping eachother. You don't seem to be interested or able to do that, so I don't see the need for you to be a part of this community. Don't worry man, I'm sure you're good at SOMETHING....maybe not.....maybe you're just another worthless waste of life who's stupidity contributes to societies desperate need to have a safety warning label on absolutely everything. Well that's about all I have for now tough guy. Good luck with the whole no feelings thing.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:07 PM
iqbaliqbal
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Might want to put a dab of di-electric grease on the tops of your plugs, then install the boots over them. It seems those boots have contacts inside that can become rusty dust.

Never hurts to ask a question. This forum would be awful quiet without queries. Carry on.

I'll dab the contact points this eve - thanks Norty!

Old 01-05-2018, 05:14 PM
iqbaliqbal
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
Common sense and knowledge of engines are two separate things. There's nothing wrong with asking a question like this for peace of mind. Not everyone understands how engines work. This community is about HELPING eachother regardless of how we feel about the members question. Until you understand that, we really don't need you here. Op, no, this couldn't cause any damage to your motor. In rare instances it could damage the coil, but if you're bike is running properly after reconnecting the spark plug wire, there's no reason to believe you did any damage. In the future, please continue to ask ANY questions you need help or advice on because the rest of us ARE here to help. Yea, we have some ******** like Kevin R, but most of us are happy to help. And don't be too hard on Kevin r, clearly he's just a miserable, whiny, ***** with a low IQ, and poor social skills. Not everybody has common sense these days.

Thanks NickD! This is an amazing forum and I know that folks who are veteran master techs all the way to guys who just got their first bike share their varied perspectives - and that's what makes this such a helpful destination.

I've come to rely on the members' experiences for a wide range of topics & issues and I'm going to continue to come back and post questions (as well as steal ideas for personalizing my Dyna for the pics in this forum!).

Thanks again Gents!

Old 01-05-2018, 05:26 PM
iqbaliqbal
Advanced

Originally Posted by CJD197
The only thing that could have been damaged would be the rubber boot. Pull it back off and look for melting or heat damage from the high voltage sparking. If it's hard or brittle inside, then you can put a new rubber boot on your wish list...but no hurry to replace it.
While adding some di-electric grease, I'll take a closer look for damage - great suggestion! Thanks CJD!

Old 01-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,095 Likes on 2,955 Posts

You guys are funny. Yep I am an *** hole, dick head, insensitive ect.
And we won't begrudge you any of these..., even much more

Just be mindful - karma is a bitch

May be a time when you need a hand

Ghost

Quick Reply: Top end damage from a loose plug wire