Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So are the '18 Harley Dyna/Softails selling like hotcakes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 06:34 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 758 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
A while back I was surfing threw the m8 or softail section, I forget what one it was. The post I clicked on had like 3 exhaust videos. Stock and 2 aftermarket. The stock sounded weak as to be expected but the 2 after market sounded almost as bad. Even if the out of the box numbers are better, which is a great thing the sound or lack of soul is a deal breaker. I will take my loud 103 at 10.2 compression any day. Is the new valve set up the reason or did I listen to bad videos. I have yet to hear one in the flesh.
I was half expecting with the M8 being as smooth as it is for the exhaust to be very metric sounding but I just installed full exhaust on my friends M8 road king special and it sounds wicked good. Almost sounds like it has a nice cam in it sitting at idle. I was really surprised.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:03 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,196 Likes on 1,682 Posts

A while back I was surfing threw the m8 or softail section, I forget what one it was. The post I clicked on had like 3 exhaust videos. Stock and 2 aftermarket. The stock sounded weak as to be expected but the 2 after market sounded almost as bad. Even if the out of the box numbers are better, which is a great thing the sound or lack of soul is a deal breaker. I will take my loud 103 at 10.2 compression any day. Is the new valve set up the reason or did I listen to bad videos. I have yet to hear one in the flesh.
just bad vids. most of the folks that got the 2018s ran out and bought the the garbage slip-ons or the rushed garbage TBR 2-1. Most are afraid of losing their warranty. the the hardcore folks just dove in.

puttnut's fatboy:

try not to let these haters influence you.

The following 2 users liked this post by cvaria:
Durham man (02-13-2018), ludville1 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,511 Likes on 949 Posts

That fat boy sounds great. Great numbers for for just stage 2.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 09:26 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,196 Likes on 1,682 Posts

That fat boy sounds great. Great numbers for for just stage 2.
thread here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-boy-s-28.html

Old 02-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Poor guy the dealer dropped his bike...

Old 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd rather walk than ride (or own) a softail . REAL DYNA's have Swingarms with 2 Rear Shocks .The new "softail dyna's" are garbage .

The following 3 users liked this post by VT81:
bjewell (03-03-2018), eleutheros (03-04-2018), Mighty Joe (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Mighty Joe
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed....

Old 02-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by VT81
I'd rather walk than ride (or own) a softail . REAL DYNA's have Swingarms with 2 Rear Shocks .The new "softail dyna's" are garbage .
Haha. Its not a dyna so it can never be a dyna... :P its more of a new generation softail. Not to be a hater but we all know that 2 rear shocks arent as stable as a mono shock. Correct me if im wrong. I love my dyna and the look of the visible shocks, but I really think people that have the money also love to show of their ohlins shocks on their dynas. This cant be done on the new softail :P haha. This is not a valid statement to call the new softail garbage

shorelasHD (03-03-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 04:22 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I actually RODE a new 2018 "softail so-called "Dyna" and wrung that sucker out in straight line drag racing and twisties,lane splitting,traffic,open roads and any other scenario you can think of. MY 89 FXR or 2001 FXDX will Outhandle,Outrun and Outperform those new hunks of JUNK in every scenario you can think of . Yes I love monoshock designs( all my Moto-Cross bikes have em ) but the new 2018 H-Ds so-called Dyna is a wallowing PIG in turns and if you try peg scraping with it's too low chassis clearence even in "moderate" turns,sweepers or twisties-you're gonna do an "endo" "highside' or wash out and crash & burn .Not to mention it's sluggish and (actually "piggish') performance and running so lean from the factory that you better be real adept with You *OLD* windows laptop to TRY & re-tune that engine and Delphi ( Mexican ECM ) to come into the performance realm . Seriously.....i'm NO "hater' towards H-Ds at all,except that they really screwed the pooch dropping the FXR,FXDX,DYNA Lowriders and V-Rods in lieu of this new garbage . I've BUILT UP and worked on too many H-Ds and built countless others and this new design in "softarse" design mode is pure cocky . But I'm sure the SOA crowd will be waiting for Kurt Sutters new show so they can trade em in and buy road Kings and Street Glides and "Cholo" em all out . Matt Levetich needs to be FIRED - along with his entire staff and design team,bring back Eric Buell and build great bikes ( again )

eleutheros (03-04-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 05:10 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by VT81
I actually RODE a new 2018 "softail so-called "Dyna" and wrung that sucker out in straight line drag racing and twisties,lane splitting,traffic,open roads and any other scenario you can think of. MY 89 FXR or 2001 FXDX will Outhandle,Outrun and Outperform those new hunks of JUNK in every scenario you can think of . Yes I love monoshock designs( all my Moto-Cross bikes have em ) but the new 2018 H-Ds so-called Dyna is a wallowing PIG in turns and if you try peg scraping with it's too low chassis clearence even in "moderate" turns,sweepers or twisties-you're gonna do an "endo" "highside' or wash out and crash & burn .Not to mention it's sluggish and (actually "piggish') performance and running so lean from the factory that you better be real adept with You *OLD* windows laptop to TRY & re-tune that engine and Delphi ( Mexican ECM ) to come into the performance realm . Seriously.....i'm NO "hater' towards H-Ds at all,except that they really screwed the pooch dropping the FXR,FXDX,DYNA Lowriders and V-Rods in lieu of this new garbage . I've BUILT UP and worked on too many H-Ds and built countless others and this new design in "softarse" design mode is pure cocky . But I'm sure the SOA crowd will be waiting for Kurt Sutters new show so they can trade em in and buy road Kings and Street Glides and "Cholo" em all out . Matt Levetich needs to be FIRED - along with his entire staff and design team,bring back Eric Buell and build great bikes ( again )

Quick Reply: So are the '18 Harley Dyna/Softails selling like hotcakes?