Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vance and hines or freedom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:20 AM
mrbeads
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default vance and hines or freedom exhaust

does anyone have knowledge on which company bas the better exhaust system for a 2015 fat bob?...the freedom exhaust is around $100 less than the v&h....is it worth the extra money for the big radius versus going with the freedom performance exhaust?

freedom exhaust $667

Old 08-12-2018, 03:21 AM
mrbeads
Banned

vance and hines big radius $800

Old 08-12-2018, 11:50 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 972 Likes on 735 Posts

Can't offer an opinion on the Freedom exhaust but IMO anything from V&H is overpriced. What do you mean by better? More power, louder, etc.?

Old 08-12-2018, 01:11 PM
mrbeads
Banned

Originally Posted by nevil
Can't offer an opinion on the Freedom exhaust but IMO anything from V&H is overpriced. What do you mean by better? More power, louder, etc.?
yes..better overall quality

Old 08-12-2018, 06:03 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I've had the V&H StraightShot slip ons, and have been running the BR2-1 for 65k miles... no issues that were the exhaust's fault. ( I had heat shield mount welds break due to a failed front motor mount which stressed them to breakage ).

My opinion is V&H makes good quality exhausts.

As far as priced... .I took a look at Freedom's prices... not that different than V&H.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Norcalsvt
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There a few ppl here that have had problems with the finish, especially the black finish on Freedom performance exhausts. I would go with vance and Hines.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:53 PM
nashspu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Freedom Exhuast and the rear mounting bracket cracked over time. The heat shields and rear sections were one piece and had some tension on them right at the front of the baffle section. Caused the heat shield to stress and crack and fall off. The front heat shield was cracking in this same spot so I finished cutting it to make them 2 piece for now. I noticed when I tighten the front section of the heat shield tight to the header pipes it lifts the rear section right where my cracks happened. That is how I figured out they had tension on that point all the time. Tried to claim it on insurance, was hoping the few times that I scraped them that I could prove that was the cause of the bracket crack. Insurance company research says that Freedom brand has a history of brackets cracking. If you believe insurance companies that is. I know it happened to mine is all I can say for sure.

I should point out that I do love the sound of these pipes. They won me some money at pipe rapping contest. Measured 127 decibels at the front brake lever.

Last edited by nashspu; 08-12-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

+1 for VH
I have had Big Shots and BR 2:1 No problems what so ever. Their support is good, always able to talk with a tech immediately when I had FP tuning questions

Old 08-13-2018, 01:24 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Had good luck with both but unless was a big difference price wise would go with V&H, like I did with my present Dyna and they still sound and look new ..

Old 08-13-2018, 12:54 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Alternate opinion here. I have Freedom pipes on my '03 WG and have had them for >5 years. Still sound and look great. No cracks, no problem with the chrome.

Quick Reply: vance and hines or freedom exhaust