Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help try fix my mom's bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Bkennedy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help try fix my mom's bike

Its 04 dyna custom built has evolved 1350 fuel injected started missing after paint job I've looked bike over no vacuum leaks I can tell I fix cars bikes I'm learning has fuel injected computer but stock display no way for me tell if its giving codes won't idle still outrun almost anything that race me pops fire when I decelerate someone help she runs too good and momma won't rise her help me get an old lady back on road

Old 08-13-2018, 06:26 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkennedy
Its 04 dyna custom built has evolved 1350 fuel injected started missing after paint job I've looked bike over no vacuum leaks I can tell I fix cars bikes I'm learning has fuel injected computer but stock display no way for me tell if its giving codes won't idle still outrun almost anything that race me pops fire when I decelerate someone help she runs too good and momma won't rise her help me get an old lady back on road
​​​​​​
First welcome to the forum its a great place with a lot of smart people I’m sure someone will try and help if they can follow your question it’s sometimes hard to follow a question when written like this but anyway so you’re saying it’s a 04 dyna with a 80ci fuel injected Evo motor is that right that’s pretty cool if so ive never seen that done before is it a stock efi system or is it aftermarket any details like that or what else was done to the motor you said built right will help people help get ur momma back on the road good luck

Last edited by Mchad; 08-13-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:55 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

Welcome.

It's a twincam motor and not an evo. The size is 1450 cc or 88 cubic inches.

You say the problem started after the paint job. The most obvious guess would be a clogged in tank fuel line or pickup.

I would check all wiring connection beforehand and make sure nothing is unplugged.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Welcome.

It's a twincam motor and not an evo. The size is 1450 cc or 88 cubic inches.

You say the problem started after the paint job. The most obvious guess would be a clogged in tank fuel line or pickup.

I would check all wiring connection beforehand and make sure nothing is unplugged.
I think he said it was a custom job, "Its 04 dyna custom built has evolved 1350 fuel injected " I figured they somehow fit an EVO. But who knows.... Edit: Now that I look at the cam cover that's definitely a TC not an EVO. Stupid, I should have picked that up!

You're is a good thought - the paint looks like its a rattle can job so who knows how it was prepped.

Last edited by Mchad; 08-13-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Bkennedy
Stage III

I really dont know the original owner built it left it to my mom when he passed all info I have been told by different shops and bikers Harley in California said motor won't fit bike it rattles against gas tank but it fit we ran numbers and motor is about as custom as it comes on inside trans again I was told that it's not possible supposed br two kinds of police interceptors gears all indo know is it fly not much passes it on road I love to race it I've checked fuel lines wires hoses I'm lost original motor had two gas lines now they run together any info or knowledge of something be great again it doesn't idle anymore has miss spits raw gas pops flame when you let out of it or so I been told as long as you get in it and stay in it runs just as good as ever I dont notice anything wrong until I stop momma wont ride it I'd it was a car I'd say we were dumping too much fuel like jets were bored out too much but its fuel injected bike I'm at a loss thanks for any help anyone can provide

Old 08-13-2018, 08:22 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

If it's EFI, you really need to get a tuner hooked up to it, and see if there's codes. You also need to get a list all the "custom as it comes on the inside" stuff that was done to it. ... so you can use that same tuner to get your timing/tune straightened out... and as Jason said... check your fuel filter.. or have a knowledgeable friend do it.

You're just not providing enough detail information for anybody to really help you.

As far as tank rattling against the motor, do a tank lift.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:25 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Punctuation is your friend!!

The following 4 users liked this post by MURPHCC1:
Bone Doc (08-15-2018), danhahn (08-14-2018), Jay Guild (08-13-2018), stevensctt (08-14-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:35 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
Punctuation is your friend!!
I don't think they are that close...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Bkennedy
Stage III
Default Thanks

Thanks

Old 08-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Bkennedy
Thanks
Hey. A lot of smart ppl here won't entertain a question where the writer looks like they can't be bothered to write it clearly. When you write an eight line post without a single comma, paragraph or even a period - its hard to follow. And as I said, some may feel if you can't take the time to use basic punctuation, why should they bother replying. You are using a computer/tablet/phone to post, so you obviously have some basic skills. If you use them, they will help! I'm not trying to be a dick (though wise-*** remarks are VERY commonplace here, and I'm equally guilty of making them!). Just trying to help you get the help you're asking for.

As ppl have asked, add as much information on the build as possible.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Help try fix my mom's bike