Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynas and Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:15 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,497 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Dynas and Target Tune

First off, I realize this would be better posted in the Tuner Section, but after reading most if not all of the recent threads on Target Tune got me like:

So instead of posing there and getting bombarded with crazy detailed "if's and's or but's" over data, I'd rather ask the average joe six pack real world thoughts on the product. Unfortunately just like everything else, either people love it, or they think it's snake oil. I've got the Power Vision and will be replacing pipes soon which offer ports for the wideband sensors. Before I start thinking about throwing more money in my current setup, is the TT and widebands worth the somewhat minimal investment without going full dyno tune?

Last edited by ThePaintPirate; 11-16-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:28 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

If you aren't going to dyno the bike they are. Hell, they are worth it even if you do. It's a magnificent setup

Old 11-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought one when I build my engine. It make the whole tuning process much more accurate and easier, best thing you can buy

Old 11-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Noticed that you will run a RR3. I run a RR2, if I can give some advice :
- Put both O2 (WBO2) after installing the pipe, otherwise the rear one hit the trans top cover. They are easily reachable with a 22mm wrench.
- Using 12pt ARP stainless nut on the exhaust flanges looks real good, and are much better than OEM nuts . On a RR2 I can check the torque with heatshields on and using a 1/4' socket
- Torque the exhaust flanges first, then the muffler to the bracket, and finish by torquing the muffler clamp.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:23 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by misfitJason
If you aren't going to dyno the bike they are. Hell, they are worth it even if you do. It's a magnificent setup
I read most of the threads and posts you were involved in and saw that you had good things to say about it. The other two that chimed in most of the time we're squabbling over symantics and provided tuner specific info and not for the end user. Glad to see you still like it.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:24 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by Frédéric CM
Noticed that you will run a RR3. I run a RR2, if I can give some advice :
- Put both O2 (WBO2) after installing the pipe, otherwise the rear one hit the trans top cover. They are easily reachable with a 22mm wrench.
- Using 12pt ARP stainless nut on the exhaust flanges looks real good, and are much better than OEM nuts . On a RR2 I can check the torque with heatshields on and using a 1/4' socket
- Torque the exhaust flanges first, then the muffler to the bracket, and finish by torquing the muffler clamp.
Wow, thanks for all the useful info!* Just ordered the RR3 20 mins ago.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:50 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Being in the middle of the corn fields, our options are limited for dynos and tuners. Closest "performance" shop I know of is about 3-4 hours away. The TT should do what I need it to and at a reasonable cost.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Trench
Cruiser
Received 151 Likes on 61 Posts

I got a 2006 Dyna, bought it bone stock. I put a Ness Big Sucker, V&H Straight Shots (full system) and Andrews 26 cams, SE compensator, Baker IPB and a Power Vision...got a tune from Jamie at Fuel Moto and bike ran great. Then I bought the Target Tune and Jamie converted my map and it runs FANTASTIC. It was night and day difference...no end to the torque (even tho it's still an 88") absolutely smooth as glass from idle to redline. I'd do it again in a minute.

The following 2 users liked this post by Trench:
BelchFire (11-19-2018), JayStronghawk (11-18-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 05:31 AM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I have it running on my bike and its a great addon, but you rather need to get the map close to begin with, something I noticed is that after installing the TT system the bike ran smoother at steady speeds, also it's great when you change something in your bike and do an autotune as it will compute the VE using the actual AFR, using this as a first step and then logging the data and making small changes gets you very close to the "perfect" map

Old 11-21-2018, 12:46 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Thanks everyone for helping me spend my money. Just bought the Target Tune kit, and with eBay's 15% off coupon, was able to snag one for less than $400

Quick Reply: Dynas and Target Tune