2009 HD FXD Super Glide Ignition Switch - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Reload this Page >

2009 HD FXD Super Glide Ignition Switch

Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

2009 HD FXD Super Glide Ignition Switch

Old 12-30-2018, 10:00 PM
WS6 Formula
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by itsTHATnick View Post
That ring does not come off. If you loosen it off of the ignition, then it tightens to the hole. If you tighten it to the ignition, then it loosens in the hole. I won't be able to remove it until the entire thing is out.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:13 PM
misfitJason
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Exactly! The whole ignition rocks out as if you're turning it to the back of the bike counter clockwise to roll it out. The fork lock is the part that centers it. You can't just pull it out. Watch the fork lock part and rotate it back toward the rear of the bike so the fork lock rocks out then it will com out kinda sideways.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:04 AM
WS6 Formula
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 AM
misfitJason
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by itsTHATnick
That ring does not come off. If you loosen it off of the ignition, then it tightens to the hole. If you tighten it to the ignition, then it loosens in the hole. I won't be able to remove it until the entire thing is out.
This was a bad choice of words on my part. It needs to be in the loosened position in order to wiggle the ignition switch

Old 01-08-2019, 09:49 AM
itsTHATnick

So, I have been looking into parts. Since I have to replace the entire mechanism per the insurance, I was considering going with a Wide Glide fork lock and relocating the ignition switch. Does anybody know if the 09 WG Forklock fits in the SG Neck?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:28 PM
WS6 Formula
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by itsTHATnick View Post
So, I have been looking into parts. Since I have to replace the entire mechanism per the insurance, I was considering going with a Wide Glide fork lock and relocating the ignition switch. Does anybody know if the 09 WG Forklock fits in the SG Neck?
I think it will fit. If you look at the differences between the Wide Glide (34* neck) and the rest of the Dyna (29* neck) frames, the switch is located in the same location right next to the neck on both frames. The Wide Glide has extra material to the left of the switch for the extra rake.

I put Wide Glide triple clamps on my Low Rider, locking pin hole on the Wide Glide triple clamp was in the same location as the Low Rider triple clamp.

The Following User Says Thank You to WS6 Formula For This Useful Post:
dyna rider (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 04:20 PM
dyna rider
Club Member
Default Ignition/ForK Lock

Good way to explain it Jimmy.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: