Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bags on a Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Anthony Gonzalez
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MigRaiders24
Check out these from villain2hero, heard lots of good things about them.
http://www.villain2hero.com/cpage-saddlebags.html

These are a more expensive but have built in run/stop/turn signals integrated on strut and are quick detach.
https://www.fxrdivision.com/dyna/fxr...ystem-for-dyna
thank you! I'm gonna check into it now.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:21 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 207 Posts

The FLD Dyna Switchback has the hard bags that look like the FLH Street Glide and Road Glide bags, only smaller. You can still get them new from Harley, as the last year they made them was 2016. They are detachable. They are $$$ though.

Dave

Old 01-29-2019, 10:36 PM
carguy1959
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER
The FLD Dyna Switchback has the hard bags that look like the FLH Street Glide and Road Glide bags, only smaller. You can still get them new from Harley, as the last year they made them was 2016. They are detachable. They are $$$ though.

Dave
I checked into the switchback bags, for my 17 FXDL, was told would run about $1500.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Anthony Gonzalez
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER

Dave
This is really helpful, thanks!

Old 01-30-2019, 12:21 AM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy1959

I checked into the switchback bags, for my 17 FXDL, was told would run about $1500.
Yep.

lol

Dave

Old 02-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

I got Viking bags for my Dyna Low Rider and it was the worst purchase I've made in a long time. I would strongly recommend steering clear of them.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:56 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I got Viking bags for my Dyna Low Rider and it was the worst purchase I've made in a long time. I would strongly recommend steering clear of them.
What was it about the Vikings that you did not like? Curious because I am looking around for some options for bags too. Except for custom made ($$$$) I may have zero options except some kind of soft throw over bags for my FXDF because I like my turn signals and brake light right right where they are and I changed the fender and strut covers to FXDWG

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Looks like all of the factory HD bags Dyna bags will fit.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...cted=category3

Unlike a lot of the aftermarket stuff, these are designed specifically for the bike and the shock cutouts are perfect - meaning the most room for the sleekest profile (IMO).

The good news is you can find these on Ebay in pretty good condition (often in perfect condition) for a fraction of the original HD cost. For example, I got a nearly perfect pair of these Bar&Shield Leather Bags for $275 shipped.

Also check the HD Forums classifieds.

Last edited by AJ88V; 02-02-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkalot
What was it about the Vikings that you did not like? Curious because I am looking around for some options for bags too. Except for custom made ($$$$) I may have zero options except some kind of soft throw over bags for my FXDF because I like my turn signals and brake light right right where they are and I changed the fender and strut covers to FXDWG
Here ya go:
Buyer beware – Viking Bags

Old 02-03-2019, 02:04 AM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
We had some on my wifes sporty, conplete garbage bags! Cheap hardware, stupid locks that wont stay unlocked and let you remove the key, i ended up just removing the tang off the lock, the velcro is like ridiculous strong and is really hard to open (good or bad i dont know, but she hated it), the mounting bolts also broke on us twice. Once while we were on a road trip, luckily the bolt broke in a spot where i was able to fish it out and just tie tbe bag up, but the second time the bolt on the otber side sheared off and walked out and chewed up her tire. I replaced all the hardware with grade 8 bolts after that, I was pissed because the bags were like 350 dollars and they cant even send decent hardware with it and because my wife almost got hurt because of it and becausw my dumbass saw that cheap hardware while i was installing them and i didnt do anything about it. I have some conelys gen 3 retro bags on order now for her Dyna we got. Never again with Viking! I have one of their big luggage bags too, popped the zippers after like 2 trips with it, no help from them on a warranty, couldn’t get anywhere with em....garbage company, garbage Chinese products.

Last edited by Kyle Moore; 02-03-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Bags on a Dyna