Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REBUILD HELP NEEDED 2017 Dyna low rider s FXDLS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
Yes he definitely has his work cut out for him but I think it will be worth it . We are talking legendary low rider s. They were like the grand fanalie of the dyna era! It would be great to see that brought back from the dead! Good luck with it. I remember seeing them at the dealer when they first came out. I stopped dead in my tracks and said that is a great looking bike.
plent of them out there right now so it’s not worth it. Yes i agree it will be a collectible just like how 78-84 low riders and low rider sturgis are becoming very scarce.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,446 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
plent of them out there right now so it’s not worth it. Yes i agree it will be a collectible just like how 78-84 low riders and low rider sturgis are becoming very scarce.
when I said worth it I did not mean financial investment. On the contrary it is going to be a financial disaster. It would be worth it only by the means of self gratification to him. The other choice ( probably the wiser) is to look at it as he spent $3500 for a used 110 motor. That bike has a salvage title and always will.

The following users liked this post:
Max Headflow (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Is the title officially branded Salvage or Rebuilt?

Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Screw that. Waste of money in my opinion

Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
Is the title officially branded Salvage or Rebuilt?
In Ohio, the salvage certificate gets turned in for a rebuilt title upon passing state inspection. Can't be re-registered until the rebuilt title is issued.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
when I said worth it I did not mean financial investment. On the contrary it is going to be a financial disaster. It would be worth it only by the means of self gratification to him. The other choice ( probably the wiser) is to look at it as he spent $3500 for a used 110 motor. That bike has a salvage title and always will.
Id only see it self gratifying if he was real handy and knew how fix it himself imo. 3500 for a 110 isn’t a bargain either who knows if those front motor mount tabs are cracked off

Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
Id only see it self gratifying if he was real handy and knew how fix it himself imo. 3500 for a 110 isn’t a bargain either who knows if those front motor mount tabs are cracked off
I could only see taking on a mess like that if it was one of my own bikes(sentimental value) but again if he (which is all that matters here ) revievs that bike Hats of to him. I never said anything about a bargain . What I meant was the other option to rebuilding the bike was to consider his purchase as a parts pickup .The 110 is kinda the biggest part on the bike. It does not matter if you or I think it’s self gratifying only him. What’s the going rate on a rats *** thease days!

Old 03-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Let me put it this way. If someone posted I bought a let’s say a 96 Toyota Corolla with a salvage title and I am going to rebuild it ! I might reply don’t think it’s worth it. But if someone posted, I bought a let’s say a 69 roadrunner with a salvage title. I would say , great car, well worth it. Not saying I would take on that project ( I probably would) but I would understand why one would want too. The low rider s is a great bike, it is definitely worth considering. Does he need to weigh the factors. Hell yes. Good luck to him and his decision.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Gearhead88
Tourer
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Around here , you'd be buying a new frame for that project if you intended to re- register it , even then , it will always be on the records as salvage / rebuilt.

I used to do a lot of collision estimates and repairs on Harley's , that one is bad , that's why it wound up at an auction .

We used to do some pretty extensive repairs , replacing frames was common , never did we repair one , if a frame was damaged it was replaced .

We used to re- certify "rebuilt" motorcycles too that had been repaired by do it yourself / back yarders , and we were always on the lookout for messed up frames that should have been taken out of service.

Last edited by Gearhead88; 03-02-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:32 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Maybe the best move would be to carefully catalog exactly what you have that is serviceable, and then build a ground-up custom utilizing as many of the "good" parts as possible.

Quick Reply: REBUILD HELP NEEDED 2017 Dyna low rider s FXDLS