Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

RWD FXRT Fairing Install Assistance

Old 07-13-2019, 01:02 AM
fxdx1985
Road Captain
Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RWD FXRT Fairing Install Assistance

My sideplates on my brackets look a little different than whatís on the official RWD YouTube install video, (which is on a 2011). Itís also also annoying that you now HAVE to get a 7Ē headlight, when the video says you can reuse your stock 5 3/4, and thereís no clear cover for the headlight, but I digress...

Anyway, on an 04 Dyna, on the frame/headlight/neck mount, where does the rear-most top bolt go? Am I supposed to install on the front gas tank bolt or just float behind the steering neck on top of the frame. I canít believe that these expensive parts have zero instructions.

Im messing with it and the bolt supplied does not fit through the front gas tank bolt hole, but mounted behind the steering stem, my riser bolts hit the bracket and I canít turn the bars....very frustrating. My sideplates also do not have a large cut out for the wiring coming out of the side of the frame like the newer brackets do.

Last edited by fxdx1985; 07-13-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: