Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Specialties Premium Adjustable Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 03:03 PM
tnichols
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drag Specialties Premium Adjustable Shocks

I just bought these shocks. I bought model 1310-1668 the heavy duty ones because I usually have a passenger.

They are not installed yet, so I can't comment at this time. But I do want to mention that the Drag Specialties Catalog is incorrect.

The catalog says these can be adjusted from 12.5" to 13.5", but the instructions inclosed with the shocks say they can be adjusted from 12" to 13".

So the maximum length is 13" not 13.5".

More to come when they are installed. I was looking for 13.25 to 13.50, so I might return them. don't know yet.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:01 AM
tnichols
Advanced

So if you are looking for a 13.5" shock, you better look elsewhere. Like Progressive or Burly.

I did write to Drag Specialties. I will let you know what their response is.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 PM
tnichols
Advanced

Here is a picture of the instructions.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:18 PM
Bootlegger56
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to find a set of these to fit my 87 FXRS-SP with no luck. I just posted a request to see if anybody had any experience with possible fitment on my bike. Let us know how they work out. I have heard they are a little softer than expected.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:53 AM
tnichols
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bootlegger56
I tried to find a set of these to fit my 87 FXRS-SP with no luck. I just posted a request to see if anybody had any experience with possible fitment on my bike. Let us know how they work out. I have heard they are a little softer than expected.
The ones I ordered were the heavy duty model, for two up most of the time. So hopefully they won’t be too soft. I will let you know when I get them installed.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:52 AM
tnichols
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bootlegger56
If you want any measurements, I would be happy to get them for you. Especially now that the shocks are sitting in the box.

The stock shock on my Fat Bob is 12". I was trying to get to 13.5" (the max my bike will handle with the stock exhaust system.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:49 AM
tnichols
Advanced

I just found out some shocks will go to 13.5”. It looks like the older, standard weight shocks have different specs, all bases on the model number. I will post the information shortly.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:34 AM
FTW.
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got some for my street bob, code #1310-1201. Come in13" adjustable to 13.5" or 12.5". So they are out there

Old 07-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Bootlegger56
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my problem in fitting them to an 87 FXRS-SP is related to the mounting channels on the swingarm. The channels are not deep enough to fit the bottom of the shock. I had another post on here in an attempt to educate myself on what would work shock wise. I contacted Drag Specialties and asked them to consider a model that would fit due to the growth in popularity of the older FXR's. The DS rep emailed me back and told me that they plan to introduce a version of this shock for the older FXR's in the 2020 Old book. I may have to wait to get what I want. To add to the trouble I am trying to find an 11" shock. I did see a set on one of the FB FXR Parts sites that had been modified by substantially grinding the lower shock boss to clear the mounting channel. I typically try to avoid grinding parts to make them fit....especially a load bearing suspension part! The search continues.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:47 PM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I these are my 12 WG. So far about 3,000 miles and really like them for the price. I dropped the read a half inch. rides great.

Quick Reply: Drag Specialties Premium Adjustable Shocks