Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on V and H Big Shots Staggered.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Payson
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Question on V and H Big Shots Staggered.

Decided to upgrade the exhaust and cam. 2015 Low Rider Opted for the S&S MR103. For me and my riding style it works great! Changed out from Short Shots to Big Shots Staggered in the process mostly for the cross over chamber. FP3 with a canned tune as the nearest tuner is a ways away. I figure the canned tne is pretty conservative, so will try it for a bit. Seems to work well so far.

Question: The Big Shots seem to pop and crackle more on cool down - AFTER the bike is off. (Not discussing decel pop) It is just the heat shield(s) contracting and cooling. It seems much more pronounced now? Is that due to a longer length of heat shield or will it "settle in" and quiet down after a few more heat cycles?

This......

Plus this.......

Results in this:

Note: Not my chart, just found on the web. I would say the Tq. line is very representative of the newer curve right down to the trough at 2k. A narrower band but pulls a lot harder in that band then before. No idea what the actual numbers are.

Butt dyno gives the MR103 and pipe two thumbs up.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:52 PM
14fxdwg
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah mine do the same after i shut the bike off, i have andrews 57h cams . i have no decel pop.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:41 PM
V&HBryan
Banned
Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Payson
Decided to upgrade the exhaust and cam. 2015 Low Rider Opted for the S&S MR103. For me and my riding style it works great! Changed out from Short Shots to Big Shots Staggered in the process mostly for the cross over chamber. FP3 with a canned tune as the nearest tuner is a ways away. I figure the canned tne is pretty conservative, so will try it for a bit. Seems to work well so far.

Question: The Big Shots seem to pop and crackle more on cool down - AFTER the bike is off. (Not discussing decel pop) It is just the heat shield(s) contracting and cooling. It seems much more pronounced now? Is that due to a longer length of heat shield or will it "settle in" and quiet down after a few more heat cycles?
Next time you're near the bike, connect the FP3 and navigate to the Customer Support menu, select Vance and Hines Support, then press Upload ECU Contents. Once you've done that send me an email to FPPro@VanceandHines.com with the last 6 of your VIN, and I'll make some changes to get you running better.

The following 2 users liked this post by V&HBryan:
fxdup (10-01-2019), HyperM3 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Payson
Cruiser

Originally Posted by V&HBryan
Next time you're near the bike, connect the FP3 and navigate to the Customer Support menu, select Vance and Hines Support, then press Upload ECU Contents. Once you've done that send me an email to FPPro@VanceandHines.com with the last 6 of your VIN, and I'll make some changes to get you running better.

Wow! I had heard that V and H customer service was second to none. Tracking potential issues down on a forum? You guys rock.

Will get it sent off tonight with follow up email.

Thank you

Old 10-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Payson
Cruiser

Still impressed with V&H customer service.

Quick simple and runs good. from them re: ting and pop.

"With the MR103 in your bike, I did increase the fuel throughout to help support those cams, and that should diminish the tinging noise somewhat. However, that is a totally normal occurrence, and our different exhausts do sound a bit different while cooling down. It's likely now more pronounced due to the longer heatshields, additional worm drive clamps, and the collection chamber."

Old 10-02-2019, 04:46 PM
V&HBryan
Banned
Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Payson
Still impressed with V&H customer service.

Quick simple and runs good. from them re: ting and pop.

"With the MR103 in your bike, I did increase the fuel throughout to help support those cams, and that should diminish the tinging noise somewhat. However, that is a totally normal occurrence, and our different exhausts do sound a bit different while cooling down. It's likely now more pronounced due to the longer heatshields, additional worm drive clamps, and the collection chamber."
Thanks Jeff!

The following users liked this post:
Payson (10-02-2019)