Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 07:47 PM
Uncleporkchop
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Handlebar wiring harness

I have a 2003 wide glide and I just mounted the new handlebars. I bought a complete line, cable, and wiring kit from Magnum Shielding, so I have pretty much everything ready to go. My problem is I can’t locate the handlebar wiring harness. There was a grommet on the very front of the frame on the left side that I took out and tried pulling any available slack, if any. There wasn’t hardly any budging. I have the seat off already and tried pushing any slack up the frame. Everything seems pretty taunt already but hear that the harness may be inside the backbone. How the hell can it be accessed is beyond me. I mean, I could cut the wires and solder enough on but I’d rather extend the existing harness, wherever it is. Trying to get this done either tonight or tomorrow. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Old 02-13-2022, 11:59 AM
Uncleporkchop
Novice

Please delete. I found the service loop.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:18 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Glad you got it figured out, I didn't want to say anything cause I didn't know how different yours is from my '14 SB. If it is similiar there's a lot of excess wire in there and it all has to go back in so you might want to clean the looms of dirt and grime if any and apply something that makes them a little slippery when you stuff it back in. I knew a guy who put tons of some type of lube and he used a ton, some use dish soap, I just put some Armor-All on them.

Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Uncleporkchop (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 12:26 PM
Uncleporkchop
Novice

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Glad you got it figured out, I didn't want to say anything cause I didn't know how different yours is from my '14 SB. If it is similiar there's a lot of excess wire in there and it all has to go back in so you might want to clean the looms of dirt and grime if any and apply something that makes them a little slippery when you stuff it back in. I knew a guy who put tons of some type of lube and he used a ton, some use dish soap, I just put some Armor-All on them.

Good luck
Yes, there was a service loop tucked into the backbone down toward the rear wheel. Thanks for the input. I was already dreading stuffing it all back in. Armor all is what I’ll try then. Thanks again!