Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddleman vs. Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
khenders
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddleman vs. Corbin

What seat do you prefer and does anyone have both? I would like to order my seat soon so I have it when I buy my new bike. Anyone prefer the OEM seat that came with their bike?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Saddleman vs. Corbin

most agree,the oem seat sucks and worse !!!

Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Big Bear JJ
Advanced

oem plain sucked for me, bought a corbin to please the lady, we both love it. if you do a search, you will find alot of info on seats

Old 08-20-2007, 05:42 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

iam a corbin man, never have had a issue with there saddles. little stiff at first, then forms to you. just plain awesome seat. jackyl

Old 08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Having no previous motorcycle seat experience, I can say I am pretty pleased with my Mustang and the Mrs likes hers. Although I've heard nearly any seat can get uncomfortable if you're sitting in teh same exact position for 3+ hours.

Have to be prepared for the vintage wide look though if you go the route mine went.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Corbin seats are comfortable, but after dealing with them, I will NEVER buy another corbin product.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
khenders
Advanced

Donny, would you mind going into a little detail? If you would prefer to PM me that's not a problem, however, I believe most of us are adults. Well, I'm over 50 but maybe I'm not a real adult ....just yet.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

Corbin Solo.......Not cheap.............If your a hard ***...go Corbin.......... soft and tushy go whatever your butt loven.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
kp
Novice

Mr K,

The trouble with HD style seats is you can't move around much. Someone else mentioned this and I think they are right. The best seat are a those that are a little hard at first. Mustang seats have worked for me.

KP

Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: khenders
I would like to order my seat soon so I have it when I buy my new bike.
You don't say if you're replacing your worn out older Harley that you rode 100 miles a day or if this is your first bike or if you're somewhere in between. Personally, given the expense, unless you're in the first category, I'd wait and ride the new bike a bit before replacing the saddle. Saddles have certain characteristics that can work for you or not.

It's probably not good to get a Corbin unless you're going to ride a lot. Corbin says their saddles take about 1,500 miles to break in and if that's a lot of riding for you, then you'll probably be dissatisfied. (There are people on this site that have bikes that are multiple years old that don't have 1,500 miles on them.)If it's a couple of week's riding for you, then you may like them a lot -- they'll hold up to that riding style.

If your typical ride is half an hour of twisty back roads, you might find a saddle that isn't so wide is a better fit so you can shift your weight around. If you typical ride is an hour on the interstate, then a big-butt saddle will probably be your cup of tea. But until you have the bike (or unless you're already very experienced) you may not know what your style is going to be. When I bought my Super Glide I thought I'd be on the interstate every day. But it turns out it's just soooo nice on the back roads that I get up half an hour early so I can drive to work on routes that are at least twice the highway distance.

It would be a shame to spend $500 - $1,000 on a Corbin saddle and find out you need to buy another one.

Quick Reply: Saddleman vs. Corbin