Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fxr motor gone bad? No compression in front cylinder.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 10:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,214 Likes on 17,589 Posts

Stevie Wonder saw this coming....

Old 08-16-2023, 10:38 PM
93dynafxdwg
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I wrong? Everything was fine prior to giving him the bike and then as soon as the bike hits the shop everything changed. I'll just YouTube everything I guess lol. I've asked for prices and he just stares at me lol and then he gives the most off the wall answer. I'm not making this up I promise lol. I'm stressed out over this. There has to be a good shop that can handle this. Hell I know most of what to do just not everything or enough.

Old 08-16-2023, 10:45 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,789 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Then go get your bike outta there.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (08-17-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 10:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by 93dynafxdwg
Ok here is an update!!! I said screw it and jumped into a rebuild .I bought a new high performance motor with lots and lots of new parts! I tore down what I could and decided that I no longer have the energy and tools plus the additional knowledge to complete this myself. I can do alot but I definitely can't do everything obviously otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. However now I have a whole different issue!!! My worst fear is coming though yet again which is why I'm always on here trying to figure things out myself: I took it to a shop that really doesn't have my best interest in mind. I'm actually stressing now.

Stressing hard because I put about 13k worth of parts including the bike itself into a shop and this guy doesn't seem to be too honest. I have some sweet parts for this thing. However this shop has so far been pretty sketchy. I call to try and get updates on the progress and honestly almost have to demand a response from the guy. It's always the same answer, the same answer I got last week. Keep in mind this guy shrugged his shoulders and said "eh this will be easy, I can probably get this done in a day"...I immediately corrected him though and told him probably a week cause I want to go ahead and add the new bars.

Oh yeah it's been in there for little over a month now!!!I've been working 2 jobs 7 days a week to even get as far as I've gotten and now it's blowing up in my face due to ANOTHER shop issue. I feel like this guy is d!cking me around and taking advantage of my nice polite demeanor. I've been relaxed, patient, and I've even put down a good amount of money towards this. I do know some parts were added. I asked for black cables cause I no longer like ugly braided cables and the last time I was in the shop he replaced throttle, idle, and clutch cables with braided cables!!!! I didn't complain, I casually pointed out that I asked for black but said "screw it, I just want to ride this thing please finish it as soon as you can please, thank you I appreciate it."

I guess he's playing the opposite game with me? I can't tell anymore lol. I can honestly keep complaining and pointing out the red flags that keep popping up every time I visit or call(which I usually only call once a week and haven't visited the shop in about 2 weeks cause I'm trying to stay out of the way so they can finish..plus I don't trust people like this and fear the worse...therefore I'm not up their a$$ harassing them), everything with this shop so far has been a nightmare. DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD SHOP AROUND THE DAYTONA AREA THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP ME COMPLETE THIS BIKE FOR ME?! I have all the parts, everything is good to go! They are just refusing to answer my questions, they're refusing to properly explain anything to me as far as to what is going on with my bike and why it isn't finished yet. I've been nothing but nice, what else can I do????

I need a good shop that can deal with high performance products. I went through hell just to get the bike to the shop(I work alot and don't have truck/trailer so I had to go to great lengths to borrow one from my boss...however this round I'll have to have it towed. I don't want to rack up a huge bill towing it from shop to shop. I want someone that can be uprfront and honest with me and not toy around with my huge investment here. I don't get it....I don't understand why I go into a shop and I get treated like crap when all ive done so far is came in to ask what I need to do or how much I need to pay or even put down to get my bike back on the road. I have even more upgrades that I'm wanting to do with this bike but first things first I need it to run! Please someone point me in the right direction here. This is why I've always taken chances on my own mechanic work(HA!) because I'd rather screw myself then let someone else charge me to do the same. No I don't want to drop any names until I get my bike back. I hope I don't have to act crazy to get all of my parts back.
So to all you people jabbing at me for trying to figure this out, now you can see why!! Finding a good honest and hardworking mechanic apparently is not easy. I'm getting screwed now.
Did this for the rest of us, I have no input anymore for you. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2023, 11:18 PM
93dynafxdwg
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Then go get your bike outta there.
Well yeah. Im asking for a good shop recommendation to transfer it over to.
Why does Twisted biker or whoever this guy keep commenting on my thread? This dude has literally just criticized me the entire time. This must be another Harley god lol 😂 Was I supposed to know that I was I going ripped and screwed? Or is that just common knowledge amongst classless men?
now I'll probably get blocked and cancelled. The democrats are running the show obviously.

Last edited by 93dynafxdwg; 08-16-2023 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:00 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by 93dynafxdwg
Well yeah. Im asking for a good shop recommendation to transfer it over to.
Why does Twisted biker or whoever this guy keep commenting on my thread? This dude has literally just criticized me the entire time. This must be another Harley god lol 😂 Was I supposed to know that I was I going ripped and screwed? Or is that just common knowledge amongst classless men?
now I'll probably get blocked and cancelled. The democrats are running the show obviously.
Son I tried very hard from your post to help you with your problems, did so numerous times which you promptly chose to ignore because I wasn't telling you what you wanted to hear and blowing sunshine up your ***. Had you taken a bit of that advice myself and several others offered you wouldn't be broke getting dry holed right now.

You've been on full spin cycle this whole adventure and this last post is just more of it.

Shops getting in your shorts because of it, have to take my word for that, you'd be a nightmare as a customer. I'm doing you a favor here, go get your **** from place right now and make damned sure you are getting back everything you took them. I'm pretty sure they read you coming in and have plans that aren't in your best interest.

The following 7 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
98hotrodfatboy (08-17-2023), Architect (08-17-2023), hattitude (08-17-2023), Max Headflow (08-17-2023), rocketnorton (08-17-2023), Tom H (08-17-2023), Tommy C (08-17-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-17-2023, 12:59 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,448 Likes on 5,730 Posts

I hope you have an itemized list of the parts you brought in.

And you do also realize you're going to have to pay this guy for the work he's done to this point, right?

Old 08-17-2023, 03:17 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,038 Likes on 656 Posts

What shop is it at now? In the beginning you said you were working at Crank and Chrome (a reputable shop). Why wouldn't you use that shop?

Secondly. There are only a few I have personally used that I would recommend.

Black Gold
Custom Works
Monster Motorcycles
Crank and Chrome

If it's not one of these in that specific area, you're chancing it.

Last edited by misfitJason; 08-17-2023 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2023, 03:34 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,973 Likes on 3,393 Posts

I think it's time, Some one needs to call it..... Schex,Dan are you guys out there??? You know what I'm saying..