Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rake Increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Rake Increase

ORIGINAL: ameristo

Hey Traveler, let me know how that front end does for you. I have the stock HD 41mm WG on mine and a 1.5" tank lift. I'm afraid if I went any higher it would hit the tank. Also I wanted custom front trees but 1. I was not sure if you would have to have a longer neck stem machined or if they furnish it. 2. The stock trees are cut out and they fit mighty close to the tank as it is. I was not sure about the clerance between the tank and trees.

I bought the raked bearing cups as a kit, including the longer stem, bearings, everything off of eBay for like $150 bucks. I then sent them to Jim Reichard, a forum member, and he machined a slot in them for the adapter he made for me, which allows softail forks to work on a DYNA, due to the way our frames have the fork stop on the front of the headtube. Long story short, I have the longer stem, and will machine, & press in as necessary to make it work. I do know, that I have been told it will lower the front of the bike 1 inch, so with stock softtail length tubes (32"), the raking will make the bike level with my slammed rear end (11" 412 Heavy Duty Progressive rear shocks).

I also have a fully chromed 21" wheel for the front, narrow hub, and the Hawg Haulers polished conversion kit to 41mm Wide glide forks, and a new tri bar headlight and 1.25 inch 13" apes, internally wired, with all chrome levers etc. It's gonna look really trick! I will, of course post pics of all of this.

P.S. I have a chromed 1200 Custom rear wheel, a second set of tins for custom painting, a side mount plate frame with Model A tailight, and chrome brake calipers, front and rear, and all braided lines/cables. Neat stuff!
~Joe

Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM
harleyvato1963
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rake Increase

Hey Travler Joe,

I'll take you specifics on the items used for your rake projects, I'm gonna experiment with 5 degree and 3 degree trees along with 3 degree rake cups.

Can you help a brother out?

Gary[sm=biker2.gif]