Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!

Yup, finally got ride of that butt f'ugly HD front turn signal relocation kit & replaced it with the Kury 49mm fork clamps. Bike looksaWHOLE heck of alotbetter in my opinion & actually seems to tie-in the front turn signals withmy new 5.75"HD bullet headlight better...don't cha think? Here's some pics of how she's lookin' lately...man I love this bike!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!

Looking good! Also, while at the HD shop today, I saw the swing away license plate frame on the Nightser. I think it would like nice on your bike or on a Bob.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, I'm glad I got my bars and flames. If we ever hookup for a ride, some people might think we are twins or worse.

She's lookin good. I forgot - did you install the headlight yourself? Just curious how big a job that is. Seems like it should be no big deal but I could be wrong...

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Livi1215
Tourer

Bike looks good. I finally ordered the Kury clamps too the HD ones were getting on my nerves...

Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Livi1215

Bike looks good. I finally ordered the Kury clamps too the HD ones were getting on my nerves...
Bike does look great! Can you guys tell me the part# of the Kury's you are using?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: labfreak

ORIGINAL: Livi1215

Bike does look great! Can you guys tell me the part# of the Kury's you are using?
#2287 for 49mm forks. The bolts that come with it won't fit stock HD turn signals though. You'll need to go and get some panhead fine thread bolts to use. Can't remember the size. I found the size but taking the Kury bolts to the hardware store and trying them in different size nuts until I found one that fit. That told me the size of the bolt and then I just needed to find it in a fine thread.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

FYI - if you mount them above the fork brace like FXDC Rider did and have a HD QD Windshield, they will get in the way. He's too hardcore for a windshield - but I have one. Though I rarely use it, I went ahead and mounted my signals just below the fork brace.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/4F76B7633206472CB38AFD8B3F2DC867.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

I saw the swing away license plate frame on the Nightser. I think it would like nice on your bike or on a Bob.
Not sure if I've ever seen the swing away...got a pic or link?

I forgot - did you install the headlight yourself? Just curious how big a job that is. Seems like it should be no big deal but I could be wrong...
No, had HD do it while it went in for it's 1K service a couple months ago. Glad I went with the 5.75"...I think the 4.5" would have looked to small & showed too much space around the headlight area.

Can you guys tell me the part# of the Kury's you are using?
Here's the page link...they're the 49mm clamps (for an '07 FXDC). You'll also need different sized bolts & lock nuts too. Can't remember the size of the bolts & nuts right now that I used...maybe someone else can chime in on that or I'll just get this info to you when I get home & check the receipt.

http://kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=...ets&page=2

Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Dude, you save receipts for bolts? j/k

I can't remember if they were 3/8 x 24 or 5/8 x 24. 5/8 seems too big but I think they were one of those two sizes. He'll have to go to a store and buy some new ones anway. If he takes the ones that come with the kit, they should be able to get them straight.

I was pissed and bitchin so hard about the dealer not installing those HD relocations right but I'm so glad they didn't. I never liked them and it made it so much easier to do these clamps.

By the way, I got by with a split lock washer between the signal light and the clamp. I don't know if they came with the clamps or if they were installed in my old kit. But, they are doing the job. Have ridden several hundred miles now with them like that and they haven't moved on me. Yet, I can still adjust them by hand without loosening anything.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

FYI - if you mount them above the fork brace like FXDC Rider did and have a HD QD Windshield, they will get in the way. He's too hardcore for a windshield - but I have one. Though I rarely use it, I went ahead and mounted my signals just below the fork brace.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/4F76B7633206472CB38AFD8B3F2DC867.jpg[/IMG]
ditto, correct.

Quick Reply: Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!