Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?

Sorry about the signature guys, anyone know where it wentwrong?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
cigarman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the siren from Zanotti's and putit on myself. It took about 45 minutes becsued I had to find the connectors. (I had previously put one on the Sporty I had.)

It will chirp when you walk away from the bike (new ones have the proximity type), make a partial whoop when the bike is moved and will howl when you lift the bike.

I know most people will say it is worthless, but it does deter someone who sits on the bike and puts their hands on and moves the bars, even before they lift it off the stand. That makes it worth the 80 bucks that it cost me.

My brother has a Heritage Softail with no siren but the pager. He has had a couple of times when the pager went off an found someone "looking at" or sitting on the bike and to ma that is worthless because it does not deter the sitter and by the time you get to it, they have lifed the bike off the stand.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Where does the siren mount? The reason that I am asking is because the real estate underneath the seat of my bike is being used up by the Panacea tail light controller and the Vance and Hines FuelPak.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cornel

Where does the siren mount? The reason that I am asking is because the real estate underneath the seat of my bike is being used up by the Panacea tail light controller and the Vance and Hines FuelPak.

It squeezes in under the seat. Finding the connector was hard. The transmit antenna (the wire) gets taped to the cross member on the frame under the seat. Like the previous poster said, you get a chirp off it when you walk away with the fob, lets you know the system is active.

If the battery gets disconnected the siren goes off. To disable, you put the key in the ignition and turn to ON. Then you can disconnect the battery for service.

That question has been asked here several times.

B

Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
cigarman
Cruiser

It is different on my '07 Street Bob. You have to slide out the elecrical components on the left side of the bike after removing the cover and undoing the bolts that hold it in. The the connector is at the lower part of the unit. The siren then fits in prior to sliding the unit back in place. The pigtail in the electrical unit is only a few inches long and could never reach up to the seat area.They give you a heavy velcro to put it in place, but I didn't need to use it. As was said the antenna runs up to the front and is taped to the struts inside.

It is a PITA to put in, but doable; there is little clearance for your hands and it is hard to find the connector.

For the thread, on the Sportser, the connector is under the seat behind the battery and you get to use one of two pigtails that come with the siren You have to slide the battery out to reach the connector and then snake thepigtail down to the underside. Thehe siren is mountedon the struts at the juffy stand. Easier install once you find the connector.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Where do you guys live that people think it's o.k. to sit on someone's bike??? I even feel guilty sitting on bike's at the dealer.

I paid for Big Rad pipes when I bought my bike Saturday but then changed my mind before the order went in. Going with the SE2s, which will leave me some change. A portion of the change is going toward the siren.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's easier to pull the battery & battery box and install it from the right side much more room.. 15min everythings in your face.... Same for the rear head pipe...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
saltybull
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cornishman

Sorry about the signature guys, anyone know where it wentwrong?
your link is bad from photobucket! the img HTML is correct!

When you view your pictures while logged in to Photobucket click on Direct Link under the picture you want, then paste the correct linkbetween your img HTML code!

did that make sense? I can't post any html code or the forum software will think im posting a pic! PM if you have any questions!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
ionate
Road Captain

Thanks guys. I bought the model without the pager... I hope I don't regret it! What I'm really looking for is for something to go "chirp chirp" when they touch the bike, or especially if they sit on it. Just like a warning.

Will the "standard" siren (not the second generation model with the pager) do that as well?

Should I spring for the pager one instead? Me and my buddy Sig (Sig Sauer) could be out there in seconds.