Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP on Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Bat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP on Fat Bob

what is the Horse power on the Fat Bob? Guy at dealership said "posted was 92hp". He mentioned this in regard to me mentioning that I would probably want to change exhaust for a different sound. He said, as set-up the engine delivers more hp than the other bikes with the same engine due to the factory exhaust.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HP on Fat Bob

I haven't seen dyno tests on the stock Fat Bob, but if you go to Harley's Screamin' Eagle catalog, there are dynos on the 96 vs. 103 vs. 110.

Stock 96 is just shy of 70 HP.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

Sounds like a sales pitch to me. The most difference I have ever heard of an exhaust making is around10 horsepower. To get to 92hp it would have to have a big bore kit, intake,and some head/cam work.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain

I agree with Sarge4life,what I know is theFat Bob got some more torque than the others, maybe due to the exhaust setup I'm not sure,but sure no difference in hp though.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Bat
Cruiser

That is more in line with what I thought (i.e. mid to upper 60's). I'm looking hard and got some figures, but will need to keep researching (and figuring out the money situation). They also mentioned slip-ons vs. full pipes/exhaust (rush SO's - $400 vs. VH's pipes with kit, dyno, etc - $1,800), saying that the race kit necessary for full exhaust change didn't really add any performance. It is sooo confussing to me. A nice semi-loud (can ease in and out of the neighborhood) system without any loss of performance, and better yet with some mesure of increased performance would be ideal. I love the sound of my Hard Krome 3" pipes on my Honda (VTX 1300, Honda is what I knew about when I got back into riding 6 months ago after a 20 year break), and would want something similar.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Reverend
Tourer

Tuning H-D's is both enormously costly & arguably a waste of time. Why buy a hog when you want to rip up the tarmac? The money you'd pay on tuning would buysome pretty quick Japanese HP..

Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

A WASTE OF TIME?? That's the most fun, trying to get the most out of our HD bikes.I've had the metrics but now I want to see what I can do with this big old fashion V TWIN. I suppose that there are a lot of others that feel the same way! My sig only shows my 04 Ultra but I have an 03 Dyna Wide Glide that I'm just getting ready to pump some more HP & TQ by the way of HeadQuarters (as soon as I get the Ultra paid down a little more) I LIKE IT!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:10 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the salesman may be refering to the torque on a stock bike I think its listed as 92 hp . I believe around 70 hp is normal for a stock 96 incher . if they ever get my bike done and I can get it broke in I will dyno it and post the stage 2 103 kit results.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
skyhook
Tourer

the biggest bottleneck to power in the new motors is the cams...196* duration and 25* close on the intake...a set of se204 cams, fuel injection controller, good slip-on mufflers and open air cleaner...80hp/90tq can be had with a good tune

Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I call bullshit. No way a stock Harley (not including V-Rod) will make 90 HP.
Find an honest salesman.

Quick Reply: HP on Fat Bob