Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon-to-be Harley owner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:48 PM
JonHanna
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Soon-to-be Harley owner!

After installing forward controls 200-300 miles of riding isn't uncomfortable at all. Good luck with no matter what you buy and Ride Safe!

Old 02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and a big welcome to the HDForum from New Zealand, enjoy!! [sm=welcomesign.gif]
Well you will be in good company with a new bobber, there are quite a few of us on here, takin' over - LOL

Old 02-13-2006, 10:19 PM
italiano
Tourer

at least try it out for a test ride.it isnt for everyone so if you dont get the bob we wont be offended.i will say at least in my experience harley life is definetely better you will meet many many new and interesting people.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 PM
iwant1
Tourer

JonHanna is right. That's the great thing about Harleys is the wide range of customizations to suit various riders. I'm 6'6 and have a Superglide custom on order. I'm getting a tallboy seat and extended forward controls to fit my lanky build. I was told to go for a bagger as well but they just don't do it for me (no dis-respect to those that ride them, each to their own). Admittedly I'm not doing the longer rides though.

Go for the Bob if that really grabs you. Think about how you would feel if you buy a Road King and a Bob pulls up next to you. Would you wish you had just gone with your instincts or would you be happy with the bagger ?

Good luck !

Old 02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
stock28
Intermediate

Signing the papers tomorrow on my Bob and hopefully picking it up next week! Hopefully the weather will cooperate a bit.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Cabo
Road Captain

I'll be a owner too. Damm this weather.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:26 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Smitty

There's something about that Street Bob though that just looks tough and fun to ride. Maybe I'm just going through mid-life crisis but if that's the case I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

Smitty

I'm on my 5th Mid-Life Crisis..........lookin forward to my 6th.........buy the bike[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 02-14-2006, 04:51 AM
iwant1
Tourer

My theory is that the whole mid-life crisis is a myth. I reckon you just get wise enough to realise you've got to have some fun in life while you can.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

I had alot of fun buying my 06 low rider I was pre aproved and got on line and had msrp on every bike in the showroom I know the sales man thought i was a tire kicker when it came down to 2 bikes i sat and stared at each one for hours. at first i was all about saving afew bucks but decided i wasent going to let 20$ bucks a month stop me from geting the one i want. i think the bob would be agood choice forward controls & a quick realese windshiled that 6spd will take you as far as you want to go have fun and get the one for you.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Adrenaman
Advanced

I bought the Bob and dont regret it at all. I put 600 miles on it in 2 weeks ive taken 2 200 mile rides with mid controls and it was ok. I will put highway pegs on it soon. I like the look of the mid controls better. And im used to them now. A windshield would really be nice tho. Im 5'10" so the mids dont really bother me. The stock pipes had to go. Witht he SEII slipons, se a/c and PCIII the bike sounds and runs alot better. Im sure you will enjoy whatever bike u decide on.

Quick Reply: Soon-to-be Harley owner!