Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results and question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Dyno results and question

Reply to all,
Makes sense to me. I guess it is the like the difference between hand tuning the advance on a distributer and using a timing light. I want a bike that will run at a good clip, but is not ripping itself apart to do it. Right now my 50 meter target is getting my engine temps down. For that I am going to try the XIEDs. Does anyone know of a dipstick temp gauge for an 07 dyna? I have seen lots for softies, and even some for FXRs and older FXDs, but not for current FXDWG, FXDBs, ect.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard 6 months ago the temp gauge for the Lowriders and Wideglides was on the drawing board at the MOCO But have not seen one on the market yet.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:55 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw a forum member picture (can't rmember who or find it now) who had a SB with a gauge mounted on the rear head, right side. I think it may have been oil pressure though.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:41 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynaflyer is your bike running great? Great throttle response and the engine running cooler? I would pay for just getting the numbers correct. They can't seem to keep mine on the dyno hub it wants to run right of the dyno. The techs now two have never seen anything like it on two diffrent dyno machines. The bike is running great I am just leaving it the way it is and be done with it. If the map is good and your happy I would be. Sometimes you have to pay for it to be done correct.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$450 ??????? Extra charge for a map???? Sounds crazy. I got a great tune on a dealer dyno special last Fall for $135 (already had SERT and original download for stage 1 like you). Flat rate included as many runs as needed, did both cylinders separately, and similar numbers to yours. Kept the bike overnight. Top notch engine tech there knows his chit. Reg price is $155. Still is, as of a month ago.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

$450 ??????? Extra charge for a map???? Sounds crazy. I got a great tune on a dealer dyno special last Fall for $135 (already had SERT and original download for stage 1 like you). Flat rate included as many runs as needed, did both cylinders separately, and similar numbers to yours. Kept the bike overnight. Top notch engine tech there knows his chit. Reg price is $155. Still is, as of a month ago.

I know Chipstah, It does sound excessive $$$. I 'll post what they say about it, and thanks for letting me know how much they charged you. It helps with what I'm going to inquire about when I talk with them next.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
the metal
Banned

i think you got what you wanted, i am of the opinion that the sert is a very sophisticated device and a thorough dyno tune is not a cut and dry procedure like many dealers treat them. it sounds like this tuner took the time to dial your sert in for your motorcycle, well worth the cost imo.

i'm all for a deal but i find real deals on custom service are few and far between.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: domenicp7

Dynaflyer is your bike running great? Great throttle response and the engine running cooler? I would pay for just getting the numbers correct. They can't seem to keep mine on the dyno hub it wants to run right of the dyno. The techs now two have never seen anything like it on two
diffrent dyno machines. The bike is running great I am just leaving it the way it is and be done with it. If the map is good and your happy I would be. Sometimes you have to pay for it to be done correct.
Hey domenicp7, I rode it home from the dealed yesterday afternoon and all seemed fine.
I didn't notice any huge difference. On one strech I got on it pretty agressivly and there seemed to be a dead spot which was not there before and then let out a very loud " POP " ! When I let off on it.
I thought WTF ! 400 & Fitty for that. Going to get out today and check it out again.

If there are any issues It's going Back so they can Get it Right. (If That is Possiable)
I followed your thread on you tune experiences, Man I hope something comes along that works out for you. Keep up posted as well.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
the metal
Banned

On one strech I got on it pretty agressivly and there seemed to be a dead spot which was not there before and then let out a very loud " POP " ! When I let off on it.
DOH! it appears i was wrong in my earlier post

Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
cwalms
Cruiser

Here are some good linkstalking abouttuning. They are definitely worth a read if you haven't seen them already. I would also recommend you post this in the Electrical/Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection forum. I just had my bike dyno tuned and found a tremendous amount of GOOD advice in the forum. I paid $350 (5 hours labor) and I have to say it was well worth it. 80+ HP and 92 ft/lbs torque after tune. Bike runs great, no decel pop and great throttle response.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_181817/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3162234/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Dyno results and question