Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results and question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dyno results and question

It'll cost you a litttle more than that around here.But that's because it's semi illeagal, dealerships won't touch it.I went to a little hole in the wall race shop and had to sign a waiver saying it was for racing purposes and I didn't plan on riding it on the street etc etc.
They charged me $500 for a custom map and to me it was worth it but my bike was running like absolute crap when I brought it in.It left running right and making a respectable 80hp and 92lbs torque.I say if you're happy with the way it runs it was worth it.By the way, your numbers look real good for a stock exhaust system with slip-ons.You might pick up a little more torque with a header but then you'd have to go back to the dyno, ouch.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If the tech truly built a map not used one he had and altered it slightly then i would say not bad but with that set up my bet is they allready had one

Old 05-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An Update to what seemed to cause me some concern,
Initally it seemed that I lost a boat load of torque on the low end after the dyno tune, but the bikescreams and is alot smoother one you put the hammer down.

They Retuned "added fuel to the decel map" to stop the Loud Pop on decel and adjusted the clutch.
Brought the bike in for the 1000 mi service and theDyno tune at the same time, The tech adjusted the clutch so much the dam thing was slipping. At first I thought I was nuts thinking that after the dyno tune the bikes performance was worse. turns out the clutch was inproperly adjusted. They readjusted it.

So far it's OK, Just not overly impressed with the results. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of the map that was installed so I can experiment with a couple of other maps.
Not to sound like an ingrate, but the $450 for a dyno tune on a stock engine with stage 1seems a bit excessive.
Peace.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:55 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dyna Flyer I wish you luck on getting the map dialed in. To tell you the truth the best map I have run so far is the break-in map on the 103. I going to tweek my map as I get more comfortable with software. I ran the bike yesterday in Dallas with temps close to 90 degrees andshe ran good so the heat issue is not of concern. The decel pops I feel is linked to exhaust leaks I am going to look into that next to eliminate that possibility.