Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
X90
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just bought a FXDC with 9,000 miles, so I'm just getting familiar with the dyna. I'm coming off an 04 sportster.
I get a strange vibration/buzz in the handle bars and pegs when I'm in turns. It happens when in left or right turns. I also get some numbness in my hands way sooner than I did on my sportser. I figured that it was nothing because of the bigger motor until I read this thread. I going to check the isolator.
I might need help with the alignment procedure.

Thanks for the thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 AM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeNoSun
go to LSHD1.com

the price from the dealer is around $110. Lake Shore Harley gives a 20% discount on all HD parts so you could get it for about $88. Free shipping on orders over $250. Bill Sparks is the guy that handles internet orders. Great guy and very helpful. You must order off the web site to get the discount.

Part # for the mount is 47583-90B
Zanotti's has it for $71.93 plus shipping.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM
RandyS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 lowrider - buzzing passenger

Awesome thread! I have on 06 lowrider...moved from an 05 1200 sportie. Night and day diff in ride and vibration. I can acutally see out of the mirrors and my teeth do not chatter now!! But, the wife does not like the ride, she gets a buzzing so bad in her teeth and can't even read roadsigns her eyes are vibrating so bad......we were going to look at a new seat, thinking saddleman as it had gel in it to help reduce vibes. Went out with buddy and switched bikes back and forth - he has an 05 lowrider....the buzz in my pegs at decel is very significant...but as I said for the driver, all is very tolerable, but after spending all the $$$ on new bike and wife is at point she cannot even ride it....we don't even have a 1000 miles on the bike - unfortunately, bike is now put away - good ole Canada eh! Winter is basically around the corner, too cold and rainy out to ride...will uncover and have a look - Anyone willing to scan the one pager from the service manual on this repair or is that illegal??? Thanks everyone for great feedback on this repair!!! Hope it is my problem...

Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, I sure am glad I read this thread... because I do believe that I am experiencing the same vibrations as described in previous post. Excessive vibrations through my pegs and handlebars. I'll take a look at my front isoloator mounts tomorrow morning, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to look to good. Awesome thread!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

just wanted to say thanks Expy - read you rpost and decided to bring mine in - delaer replaced under warranty and now bike is runnin as should!

My bassani pipe now clears frame rail (no more slamming into it!) and very little peg/bar vibrations now.

I suggest all throw it to the dealer before warranty expires

Old 02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Whos your dealer mopar? Quaid in temecula?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to all that have had theirs fixed. Mine still ridin nice.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

Originally Posted by shawn e.

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Im my picture there should be a gap?
So i just wanted to revisit this with an idea and see what you guys think. After replacing one mount my new one rubs like the one in the pic above. The vibe only comes in at around 50mph but it can be intermittent as it is barely touching. The dealer that replaced the mount says there is nothing wrong with this mount.

So I talked to a tech that is cool and always shoots straight with me. He has a Dyna and says it eats motor mounts too. He makes his mounts last a little longer by grinding the top rubber hump down where it is rubbing to a little to add some clearance once the mount has settled a little.

I just wanted to see what others think of this idea. Seems like it might work for those who aren't under warranty as long as you don't grind too much.

Let me know what u think.

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeNoSun
So i just wanted to revisit this with an idea and see what you guys think. After replacing one mount my new one rubs like the one in the pic above. The vibe only comes in at around 50mph but it can be intermittent as it is barely touching. The dealer that replaced the mount says there is nothing wrong with this mount.

So I talked to a tech that is cool and always shoots straight with me. He has a Dyna and says it eats motor mounts too. He makes his mounts last a little longer by grinding the top rubber hump down where it is rubbing to a little to add some clearance once the mount has settled a little.

I just wanted to see what others think of this idea. Seems like it might work for those who aren't under warranty as long as you don't grind too much.

Let me know what u think.

Thanks!
This would be referred to as a "sound short." The vibrations are no longer isolated by the mount, but now travel in to the frame and all connected parts/pieces. Yes, removing that piece so that it no longer touches would probably result in a positive change.

Bart

Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

Thanks Bart - i'll try it. Much cheaper than a new mount.

Quick Reply: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics