Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a little scuffle with a pickup today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Scramboogie
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Had a little scuffle with a pickup today.

Well, the dreaded left hand turn cut off got me today.&nbsp\\; I was headed merrily toward home when I started through an intersection and was cut off by a guy blazing through the intersection into a left hand turn.&nbsp\\; I might have seen him&nbsp\\;if he weren't swerving around the guy in front of him who WAS stopped waiting for me to get through the intersection.&nbsp\\; This jackass must have had somewhere way more important to be than the rest of the world.&nbsp\\; Both of the cops that showed up as well as the paramedic all rode bikes and were less than simpathetic to his "I didn't see him at all."&nbsp\\; I made it through without any serious harm but the bike and his truck have definitely seen better days.&nbsp\\; The officer who will be submitting the report said that he is going to list the other driver as 100% at fault with the cause being failure to yield right of way, disobeying a traffic signal and failing to stay right of yellow.&nbsp\\; I just can't believe that I went down as hard as I did with no serious injury.&nbsp\\; If I were just a half of a second sooner into the intersection he would have hit me broadside instead of just hitting the front of the bike.&nbsp\\; I'm thankful that I wasn't riding faster than my guardian angel could fly.

The following users liked this post:
Blk/Wht/andChrome (07-16-2021)
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
deadreckoning
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Had a little scuffle with a pickup today.

Glad you're ok...

Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 PM
boss
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that really sucks.&nbsp\\; hope you heal quickly.&nbsp\\; good luck

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Cajun Fat Bob
Tourer

man sorry to hear that, the same thing almost happened to me a couple of weeks ago, i stopped about 10ft from a jeep (who conviently was also making a left hand turn) thank god for my dual front brakes...and he looked at me like i was stupid....again glad to hear your ok...ride safe...

Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Scramboogie
Intermediate

Does anyone know if the 100th anniversary tank and fender badges really have a serial number on them.&nbsp\\; The front fender with the anniversary emblem are giong to have to be replaced and I don't know how that would work if they did have matching serial numbers.&nbsp\\; It looks like I'm going to&nbsp\\;have to have the front left fork tube replaced as well.&nbsp\\; The tire looks OK but I don't know if&nbsp\\;the rim got bent or not.&nbsp\\; The&nbsp\\;left side&nbsp\\;foot controls will have to be peplaced as&nbsp\\;well.&nbsp\\; The handle bars are bent and the mirror got chewed up along with the&nbsp\\;left saddle bag.&nbsp\\; I really hope his insurance pays for the epairs without trying to screw me around too much.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 02:59 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

that blows,, hard,, really sorry to hear about it,, hope you get back on the road real soon

Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I don't think you can buy the anniversary parts without a valid vin #. I know at one dealer, the moco wanted a guy to send in his anniversary seat when he wanted a replacement. Kind of strange when you have already paid for it.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't know about serial #s but I know That a 100% at fault ins co will be lookin for anyway to cut costs. Be sure to tell them about your Back hurtin sooobad.This will help ur negotiations!! If they try to screw u get a LAWYER!! HE can protect ur rights and recover his fees from their pocket!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 AM
sonic
Road Captain

Glad you lived to ride another day

Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Scramboogie
Intermediate

OK, I just woke up this morning and the little sore has turned into a lot sore...a really lot sore.&nbsp\\; It feels like I've been hit by a tractor trailor instead of a pickup.&nbsp\\; What the hell?&nbsp\\; I'm going to try to get an appointment with my doc today if I can.&nbsp\\; I still can't get over how close I was to getting hit broadside.&nbsp\\; I just thand God that he was with me and that I didn't role into the intersection a split second sooner!!&nbsp\\; Well, Advil and coffee are going to be the breakfast of champions for me this morning!!

Quick Reply: Had a little scuffle with a pickup today.