Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Fat Bob headlights (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/270637-fat-bob-headlights.html)

FatBobRay 08-25-2008 09:49 PM

Fat Bob headlights

I bought an 08 Fat Bob (haven't taken delivery yet, I will be Friday) and have a headlight question. Are the headlights made to work differently on the US models than the non-US models? I've seen you tube videos of the Fat Bob's where the headlights had only one light on for low beam and I assume one light for high beam ... but I read in the forum that BOTH headlights work all the time during high and low beam use. (Which is what I hope mine does) I'm a US rider so it'll be the US model.

Soooo do they both work all the time here in the US?

Thanks!

Dooley 08-25-2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by FatBobRay (Post 3784696)

Soooo do they both work all the time here in the US?

Thanks!

Yes. Both on high or low beam.

Alien Spyder 08-25-2008 10:11 PM

I have a neighbor that has a FatBob and both the lights are on at the same time. The lights are nice and bright!

I like them dual lights so much I have been considering getting that headlight setup for my Night Train. It won't be a cheep mod that's for sure!

FatBobRay 08-25-2008 10:31 PM

GREAT!!! That's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks guys! :)

mjsawatzky 08-25-2008 10:42 PM

I believe non North American Fat Bobs have one headlight on for dim and both for bright. Europe, Australia etc.

adrock5151 08-25-2008 11:20 PM

For some weird reason two head lamps in Eurpoe on a m/c are illegal. Not is the ole US of A.

FatBobRay 08-26-2008 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by adrock5151 (Post 3785025)
For some weird reason two head lamps in Eurpoe on a m/c are illegal. Not is the ole US of A.

Wow that IS strange! It explains the you tube videos though. Can't wait to have my bike in hand and see for myself. Darn dealer "red tape" made me wait 10 days because they treat a credit card check (wicked low interest set for life of loan) like a personal check ....... But I should have it by weeks end. Just in time for the long weekend! :)

I could have financed it through Harley and gotten delivery right away but even their best rate didn't come close to the rate I got so it's worth the 10 day wait. (But waiting STILL sucks!:rolleyes:)

benwiggin2 08-26-2008 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by FatBobRay (Post 3785134)
Wow that IS strange! It explains the you tube videos though. Can't wait to have my bike in hand and see for myself. Darn dealer "red tape" made me wait 10 days because they treat a credit card check (wicked low interest set for life of loan) like a personal check ....... But I should have it by weeks end. Just in time for the long weekend! :)

I could have financed it through Harley and gotten delivery right away but even their best rate didn't come close to the rate I got so it's worth the 10 day wait. (But waiting STILL sucks!:rolleyes:)

You did the right thing by waiting IMHO.

08FXST 08-26-2008 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by adrock5151 (Post 3785025)

It's to do with a European standard that says two lights on a bike will make it look like a more distant car to approaching traffic (dopey of course). I know on some other bikes here in Australia, you can get both lights back on by putting in the missing relays, no idea if it's that easy on the Fatbob.

SC-Longhair 08-26-2008 03:43 AM

The more I see the fat bob, the more I should have gotten one