Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 PM
FatBobRay
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob headlights

I bought an 08 Fat Bob (haven't taken delivery yet, I will be Friday) and have a headlight question. Are the headlights made to work differently on the US models than the non-US models? I've seen you tube videos of the Fat Bob's where the headlights had only one light on for low beam and I assume one light for high beam ... but I read in the forum that BOTH headlights work all the time during high and low beam use. (Which is what I hope mine does) I'm a US rider so it'll be the US model.

Soooo do they both work all the time here in the US?

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBobRay

Soooo do they both work all the time here in the US?

Thanks!
Yes. Both on high or low beam.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a neighbor that has a FatBob and both the lights are on at the same time. The lights are nice and bright!

I like them dual lights so much I have been considering getting that headlight setup for my Night Train. It won't be a cheep mod that's for sure!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 PM
FatBobRay
Tourer

GREAT!!! That's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks guys!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

I believe non North American Fat Bobs have one headlight on for dim and both for bright. Europe, Australia etc.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 PM
adrock5151
Advanced

For some weird reason two head lamps in Eurpoe on a m/c are illegal. Not is the ole US of A.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 AM
FatBobRay
Tourer

Originally Posted by adrock5151
For some weird reason two head lamps in Eurpoe on a m/c are illegal. Not is the ole US of A.
Wow that IS strange! It explains the you tube videos though. Can't wait to have my bike in hand and see for myself. Darn dealer "red tape" made me wait 10 days because they treat a credit card check (wicked low interest set for life of loan) like a personal check ....... But I should have it by weeks end. Just in time for the long weekend!

I could have financed it through Harley and gotten delivery right away but even their best rate didn't come close to the rate I got so it's worth the 10 day wait. (But waiting STILL sucks!)

Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 AM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by FatBobRay
Wow that IS strange! It explains the you tube videos though. Can't wait to have my bike in hand and see for myself. Darn dealer "red tape" made me wait 10 days because they treat a credit card check (wicked low interest set for life of loan) like a personal check ....... But I should have it by weeks end. Just in time for the long weekend!

I could have financed it through Harley and gotten delivery right away but even their best rate didn't come close to the rate I got so it's worth the 10 day wait. (But waiting STILL sucks!)
You did the right thing by waiting IMHO.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:28 AM
08FXST
Cruiser

Originally Posted by adrock5151
It's to do with a European standard that says two lights on a bike will make it look like a more distant car to approaching traffic (dopey of course). I know on some other bikes here in Australia, you can get both lights back on by putting in the missing relays, no idea if it's that easy on the Fatbob.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:43 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The more I see the fat bob, the more I should have gotten one

Quick Reply: Fat Bob headlights