Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure you check the adjustment on them. My first night ride in the desert had my lights signaling overhead air craft, fortunately the moon was out and I could see my way home

Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sclonghairbadboy
The more I see the fat bob, the more I should have gotten one
You got that right buddy! ...... And the FatBob headlights are both on all the time, hi or low.Dam they are so bright they light up 50 yards ahead and my lane plus a lane on either side! I'm not sure oncoming traffic is happy with that,but I am !~! Ride on Bros

Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM
FatBobRay
Tourer

For the record I got my Bob this past Thursday ... it's awesome ... and both headlights work all the time.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Buch
Cruiser
Default Ozzy

thanks to you after following your instructions, now i have both on highbeam and am loving the night rides. Thanks man. Ride safe.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:21 AM
ozsportster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Buch
thanks to you after following your instructions, now i have both on highbeam and am loving the night rides. Thanks man. Ride safe.
No worries mate. That's what the Forum's about. Helping each other when we can.

Take care and enjoy that Fat Bob.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:37 AM
COCHO
6th Gear
Default Love this Forum

G'day twin headlight lovers, i had a question about how to make both headlights
come on at the same time (australian spec bike) so i thought i'd ask the forum, after a quick look on the forum i find someone has already asked that question and someone else has answered it. This is why i love this forum, every time i have had a problem the forum has been able to help.
Thanks Guys much appreciated.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The method mentioned in this thread isn't that great. You end if with just one light (dipped) on most of the time still except when on main beam. The limitation of the stock non-US lights of single filament bulbs means the only practical solution is to swap out the headlight shell for the US spec one. Details here: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...t-fat-bob.html

Old 02-17-2014, 01:35 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
The method mentioned in this thread isn't that great. You end if with just one light (dipped) on most of the time still except when on main beam. The limitation of the stock non-US lights of single filament bulbs means the only practical solution is to swap out the headlight shell for the US spec one. Details here: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...t-fat-bob.html
i dunno. the light pattern on the us high beams seems to have a big hole in the middle of it that is not present in the low beams (might just be the silverstar ultras i have in there) . i can see where one high and one low might make a better pattern.

but riding out in the boonies on dark nights has got me looking at lightbars again.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Brad Blackwell
Stage II
Default Both headlights on with hi/beam

Hi all

I saw that there is a way to get the Aus spec headlights to have both the lights working when on hi beam, but is there a way to have both lights working for hi and low without changing the light assembly?

If not where is the best place to order the U.S light assembly from in Oz?

Cheers in Advance

Old 03-14-2015, 03:53 AM
apx07
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brad Blackwell
Hi all

I saw that there is a way to get the Aus spec headlights to have both the lights working when on hi beam, but is there a way to have both lights working for hi and low without changing the light assembly?

If not where is the best place to order the U.S light assembly from in Oz?

Cheers in Advance
You can order the U.S. headlight assembly or insert from a dealer. Just need to make sure it's the U.S. one. Then you need a plug wiring assembly and do the mod. Search on the forum and you'll see. I've been running my Aussie Fatbob for a few years after the mod. So much better than having people always tell me one glove is faulty ....

Cheers, Bones

Quick Reply: Fat Bob headlights