Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright, adding on......looking to the brain trust for help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:52 PM
LawDuck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright, adding on......looking to the brain trust for help.

I have an '09 Fat Bob, bone azz stock.

If a football field is everything you could know about motorcycles, I am near the back of the end zone.

Anyhow, I work with a motorhead who will do the work I need done but I'd like to get some information from the brain trust.

I have done a forum search but it's too broad I'll just make another thread.

I want to put on some V&H big radius either 2in1 or 2in2.

What air filter do I need to get?

Also, what would you recommend that I do as far as getting it Dyno tuned? Do I get a power commander? I don't plan on making any more motor mods. I just want something besides the stock exhaust.

I'd like to go the cheapest route possible. I just don't want to spend $2,000 on an exhaust system.

I'd like to get the pipes and intake put on (motor head at work will do it) and then trailer it up to the dealer ship and get it tuned.

Even with something as simple as putting on an exhaust system, I'm clueless. I'm new to this HD thing.
Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Anything?!

Thanks!

Last edited by LawDuck; 10-13-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Pipes: After buying and installing V&H pipes, I don't think you'd be over 6-800 bucks depending on where you buy and labor rate.

Tuner/Dyno: I'm a big fan of my Thundermax w/ Autotune. It's $650, but no dyno and no nonsense. Tell the computer what mods are on your bike and it figures out the rest. I noticed an immediate improvement to my Fat Bob. There's a huge volume of threads on the Thundermax on HDForums.

Air Cleaner: It's not MANDATORY to change it out. The biggest boast is a few percent gain at wide open throttle. Harley, Nightrider, etc all told me you're only getting a little, if any, improvement. Most people just want to change the looks.

Biggest takeaway is that if you change the intake/exhaust you DO NOT need to re-map your computer module for $1000 or whatever HD charges. If you don't want to do any engine mods, exhaust and intake should be an easy process.

Let us know what you choose!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

I say if you're going basic mods (pipes/ac) and no cam/bore for now. Get a techlusion by dobek. Much cheaper than Power Commander or SERT. Look for one on ebay or the classifieds section here.
I love mine, easy to adjust and great customer service (Ask for George) he'll help you get set right up.
Good LUck

Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by LawDuck

I want to put on some V&H big radius either 2in1 or 2in2.
2 into 1, consider the Pro Pipe by V & H.

What air filter do I need to get?
Any stage 1 filter, ie, Arlen Ness Big Sucker (most reasonable price), HD Heavy Breather etc. It's only common sense, once you un cork the *** end, you need more volume in the intake.

Also, what would you recommend that I do as far as getting it Dyno tuned? Do I get a power commander? I don't plan on making any more motor mods. I just want something besides the stock exhaust. I just don't want to spend $2,000 on an exhaust system. I'd like to get the pipes and intake put on (motor head at work will do it) and then trailer it up to the dealer ship and get it tuned. Even with something as simple as putting on an exhaust system, I'm clueless. I'm new to this HD thing.
You don't need a dyno tune unless you have internal engine mods. Fuel pak is cheap, really offers no adjustment, but it will keep your FI system intelligent by utilizing the 02 sensors, whereas, while the pc is adjustable (usually with a dyno tune READ: not necessary without motor work) the pc renders your fi system ignorant, because it turns your closed loop fi system into an open loop by disableing the 02 sensors...

you want pipes? you can have pipes, air filter, and fuel pak installed for $1200, less if your motorhead is your buddy. Just my .02 guys. Evryone has there own opinions...