Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Slip-On Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
FlatDF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rush 2". Reasonably quiet when you need them to be quiet off-throttle, but pretty loud when you open it up. Nice exterior fit and finish, bolted on in 20 minutes. I haven't had a reason to pull the baffles, but a couple people here have reported the packing material burning off or unraveling.

Chris in CT

Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I went with the Sreamin' Eagle slip-ons after 2500 miles. I expected them to be "not much louder than stock" according to the comments here. I don't want really loud pipes. And I want to keep my Harley all HD.

Personally I think they're perfect, for me. They're SIGNIFICANTLY louder than stock pipes. They give you a great Harley tone at idle and low speeds and you can really hear what the engine is doing (I don't have a tach on my Bob and don't want to spend the dollars, with these I can hear what's going on and keep my eyes on the road). In traffic, cars can now hear me. At highway speeds they're not that much louder than stock, but that's fine with me. I'll save my ears!

Last edited by Robert Le Gras; 01-07-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've got the Rush slip ons, balony cut, with 1.75" baffles. They are a lot loader than stock and produce a very satisfying deep sound. I've fitted a stage 1 filter kit and a fuelpak and the increase in torque is noticeable especially around the 60-70 mph range.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

If you can find some of the older SEII's on ebay, throw some big city thunder baffles in there... that's a pretty good sound. Don't know anything about that remap stuff though. I'm a carb guy.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
I went with the Sreamin' Eagle slip-ons after 2500 miles. I expected them to be "not much louder than stock" according to the comments here. I don't want really loud pipes. And I want to keep my Harley all HD.

Personally I think they're perfect, for me. They're SIGNIFICANTLY louder than stock pipes. They give you a great Harley tone at idle and low speeds and you can really hear what the engine is doing (I don't have a tach on my Bob and don't want to spend the dollars, with these I can hear what's going on and keep my eyes on the road). In traffic, cars can now hear me. At highway speeds they're not that much louder than stock, but that's fine with me. I'll save my ears!
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!
I think that's the route I'm gonna take. I really like the look of SE FB pipes. I'm just looking for a little more attitude in the sound. I got my fill of Motorhead-type volume with the Cycle Shacks that were on my Nightster. Plus, with the police zeroing in on bike noise, I'll like to be able to ride through places like Laguna Beach without being paranoid.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
creaky1
Advanced
Cool

Howdy Folks,
I just returned from an HD dealer looking for the SE Fat Bob slipons. They are telling me that in CA where I am from the sound laws and catalytic converters really limits me as to what I can legally run. I want the Bob to sound better not so much louder. Dont want to void the warranty by drilling holes and the like. Are the Rush 2.0's folks are talking about CA legal? I dont want to buy new muffs and not be relatively happy with them. The dealer I went to actually had a pair of the SE's in stock. The ones with the black "revolver" tips. I ahve listened to several sound bytes and they sound so-so.
Creaky1

Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
creaky1
Advanced

Oh Yeah!!! Laguna Beach... I have seen the coppers stop bikes in the middle of LC road and test them with a decimeter. Dont want that.
Creaky1

Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creaky1
Howdy Folks,
I just returned from an HD dealer looking for the SE Fat Bob slipons. They are telling me that in CA where I am from the sound laws and catalytic converters really limits me as to what I can legally run. I want the Bob to sound better not so much louder. Dont want to void the warranty by drilling holes and the like. Are the Rush 2.0's folks are talking about CA legal?
Are you kidding?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
creaky1
Advanced

No actually I wasnt kidding at all.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creaky1
No actually I wasnt kidding at all.
No, they are not street legal based on the EPA regulations in effect in every state.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Slip-On Options