Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to see true trac pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 PM
amish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to see true trac pics

i would like to see the parts and where they go and what not. looked at true trac site but no pics and i didnt really get what it does
can someone explain it to me and also pics of part on and off the bike
thanks

oh also is a superbrace need with this or it it overkill
thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Thats the front. I don't have a picture of the back, as its not really easy to get a picture. And superbrace is an awesome upgrade. Very happy I bought that thing

Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

It's hard to find pics on the website, but true-track.com has them hidden in there under Product Descriptions on the order page. . . . Website could use a redesign, might help sales.

Here's the Dyna page:

http://www.true-track.com/1_2006_009.htm

Mine was just installed today. Need to do more riding but I think it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade, at least that's my initial assessment.

Lots of threads on the board talking about this, so if you want to know more about what it "does" do a search for "True Track." So far I would say the best way to describe what it does is "tighten up." Steering seems tight and as if a little bit of omnipresent slop is gone. And if I never get another one of those rear wheel wobbles again, it will be money well-spent.

Last edited by Robert Le Gras; 02-28-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
06SuperG
Advanced
Default True Track Installed

I installed the True Track #20-30 on my 06 FXDCI last weekend. Not overly hard, but instructions a little hard to follow at times, or maybe it was just me.
I haven't had a chance to get it out and ride, weather rainy. I'll have to report back on the ride and handling.
I have had issues with twisties. My ribs hurt - oh that's just the ol jabbing my when I lean a little too far. Really though, the twisties did concern me, but I would expect that issue to be gone.
Rain grooves and concrete joints were also a problem sometimes. True Track should cure them.
06SuperG

Old 03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts
Default True-Track Pics

I just finished my install (09 FXDF) this weekend but after talking to Ron, think I'm going to have to replace my front motor mount. Brand new, less than 3500 miles and it seems to be sagging.

I've included the TT instructions that I downloaded from their site and one of my own pics, rear bracket from directly below. I didn't see any on their site of the rear that show that view.

Install was about two hours working alone, and because of the FXDF exaust, had to remove that and the mount to get access on the rear.

Only thing I had trouble with was after pulling the fwd rear mount bolt out to flip, the engine dropped far enough that I couldn't get it back in from the other side. Had to grab a jack and lift the engine back into position. Think it would have been a good idea to support it before pulling the bolt even though the other one was still tight.

Anyway, haven't done any curves yet because trying to figure out if I need the front mount replaced or not, hoping to get the big wow factor everyone keeps talking about.

Ride Safe...

Attached Thumbnails want to see true trac pics-american-cycle-dyna-install.jpg   want to see true trac pics-american-cycle-dyna-install-pge-2.jpg   want to see true trac pics-american-cycle-dyna-install-pge-3.jpg   want to see true trac pics-american-cycle-dyna-install-pge-4.jpg   want to see true trac pics-back-from-bottom.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
TxFxL (06-13-2017)
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
docsg
Tourer

Originally Posted by AdrianVall

Thats the front. I don't have a picture of the back, as its not really easy to get a picture. And superbrace is an awesome upgrade. Very happy I bought that thing
Adrian

From your picture it looks as if you have the limiter screw backed all the way out. If it contacts the mount your bike will vibrate like crazy. Based on some suggestions from other forum members I screwed mine all the way down then locked it with the lock nut. From what I understand the purpose of the screw is to limit the engine movement if the mounts are weak. Just a suggestion--

Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

docsg: Is this limiter screw that bolt with the nut on the bottom to the right of where the True Track logo is? Are you just suggesting to screw that bolt all the way down so that its making contact with the nut?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Oh, and those instructions that Robottom has are WAAAAAAY better then the instructions that come with the TT.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Blinkerfluid
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Oh, and those instructions that Robottom has are WAAAAAAY better then the instructions that come with the TT.
Yes they are great pics!! Wish I had seen those before I installed mine.

The instructions call for a 3/8" clearance on the front adjustment stop. I used a 5/16" bolt as a feeler guage. It just did clear. Called it good enough and checked for any tight spots around the rocker boxes and all seems good.

The product does what it is supposed to. Really makes the bike feel more solid in handling. I really didn't notice there was ever a handling problem before ... but I sure noticed when it was fixed!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Blinkerfluid
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amish
i would like to see the parts and where they go and what not. looked at true trac site but no pics and i didnt really get what it does
can someone explain it to me and also pics of part on and off the bike
thanks

oh also is a superbrace need with this or it it overkill
thanks
The way a Dyna motor is rubber mounted allows for substantial side to side movement in the frame. Since the swingarm is mounted to the motor, it allows the front and rear of the bike to actually bend in the middle to a small degree. Sometimes this can result in wobbling during cornering and acceleration.

What the True-Track does is to revert the engine mounting system back to the way Eric Buell designed it with a 3-point mount (there is one linkage already, under the tank). This allows the engine to freely move front to rear but locks it in place side to side. This prevents most of the handling problems some folks have experienced by keeping the rear tire aligned correctly in the frame.

Hope that helps you understand it a bit better. You will understand it even better if you decide to install one and see the difference for yourself or find somebody that has one and will swap you rides for a few miles..

Quick Reply: want to see true trac pics