Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob vs. Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always think it is funny how on a $20k purchase they DO NOT allow test drives.
And people always wonder why I buy slightly used versus new.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 PM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yoseppi
I always think it is funny how on a $20k purchase they DO NOT allow test drives.
+1

I had my superglide for two days before I actually bought it (granted it belonged to a friend of a friend). You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without tryin em on, right? I would even go so far as to rent one of each if you absolutely can't find another means of testing them. Riding something you wind up hating after a week is a pricey mistake because now that brand new scooter is worth 1 to 3 grand less just because you rode it off the lot.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yoseppi
interesting thing though....I've sold quite a few bikes and have never let anyone ride one first...I think most people buy bikes without test riding them.....be an interesting poll.........

Old 03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Dutch550
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say the majority of riding I do is two up. My wife wont get off and I dont really mind, I enjoy the company. I own a Fat Bob and was in the same situation as you are with both bikes. I thought I wanted a Fat Boy until I sat on both and the fat bob just felt good to me. Like I said we do a lot of 2 up riding and the only thing I added for the wife is a new seat and a backrest. I am a light 265 and my wife is not the leanest women out there I would say the two of us together is in the 400lb range. The Fat Bob handles very well with the shocks adjusted to the max and only bottoms ocasionaly. I never rode the Fat Boy so I will not pass my judjement on it. Good Luck with your dilemna.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rode a Fat Boy before I bought my FXDC Super Glide. I liked both the Fat Boy and the Super Glide. Couldn't afford the Fat Boy and I have been very happy with my FXDC Super Glide. Wish I could have both. Regarding Fat Boy vs. Fat Bob....Fat Boy sleek and low to the ground, Fat Bob clunky looking with ugly exhaust pipes. I like Dynas, as I have put 14,000 miles on my 2007 FXDC, and Dynas handle better than Softtails, but I'd never ride a Fat Bob because to me they're ugly. I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla and strawberry.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Pythagrean
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cooknhogz
The fat boy costs alot more than the fat bob does. Ive ridden both and own a fat bob. The fat boy is a sweet bike. Nothing bad to say about it.
No it doesn't. A Fat Boy is only $899 dollars more then a Fat Bob. I really would not say that is a lot.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
von Wolffe
Advanced
Default My mind is made up.

I went to the dealer last nite, sat on both bikes some more. I don't need to ride it first ... It feels great and I know enough about the bike that I'm sure of how it will perform. I'm buying the Fat Bob.

The funny thing is the guys at the dealership were way more into the Fat Bob regardless of the Fat Boy being $1000 more. I feel like I'm getting treated right up there too. You know those guys aren't making squat on a Sporty at full MSRP value; So far I'm getting a $500 off, a store credit and they're shipping in a denim black for me and swapping out forward for mids for me too. What else should i ask for???? I say a throw in of something, but what?

Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
djwhaley
Road Captain

See if you can get a sundowner seat for 2up, its not the best looking seat but it is comfortable and you cant see it when you are sitting on it. You can switch it out when you ride solo! Thats what I do. Good choice by the way Dyna is the way to go!!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

I put a down payment on a fatboy in late '04 without riding it.I had stopped by the dealer riding a Road King I had rented for the weekend. Went back the next Tuesday and canceled the contract on the Fatboy and ordered a Road King. You need to ride before you decide. Also chose the Fat Bob over a Night train. The rubber mounted bikes ride the best imo.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 PM
ratpack enforcer
Advanced

Originally Posted by djwhaley
See if you can get a sundowner seat for 2up, its not the best looking seat but it is comfortable and you cant see it when you are sitting on it. You can switch it out when you ride solo! Thats what I do. Good choice by the way Dyna is the way to go!!
+1 on the sundowner I installed one on my Bob for 2 up riding and the wife loves it

Quick Reply: Fat Bob vs. Fat Boy