Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob vs. Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
interesting thing though....I've sold quite a few bikes and have never let anyone ride one first...I think most people buy bikes without test riding them.....be an interesting poll.........
posted this poll in another thread............seems that over 60% of us bought our bike without a test drive..........

Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by von Wolffe
I went to the dealer last nite, sat on both bikes some more. I don't need to ride it first ... It feels great and I know enough about the bike that I'm sure of how it will perform. I'm buying the Fat Bob.

The funny thing is the guys at the dealership were way more into the Fat Bob regardless of the Fat Boy being $1000 more. I feel like I'm getting treated right up there too. You know those guys aren't making squat on a Sporty at full MSRP value; So far I'm getting a $500 off, a store credit and they're shipping in a denim black for me and swapping out forward for mids for me too. What else should i ask for???? I say a throw in of something, but what?
ask........no DEMAND that they swap out that dual headlight for a 7 1'2 incher from the fatboy. Looks killer and you won't be mistaken for a yamaha scooter......(see Lorance66's sig pic - huge improvement)

Old 03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
von Wolffe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the Fat Bob this morning ... HOLY CRAP!!! That machine rides like a dream! I LOVE THAT BIKE. I will miss my Sporty though, sniff, sniff. Well maybe one day I'll have the means to garage 2 bikes.

I considered swapping lights but I kind of like the dual set-up. I'm keeping my dual headlights ... No apologizes guys, it's my ride.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats- welcome to Dynaland.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
mrperez
Road Captain

Picked up the Fat Bob this morning ... HOLY CRAP!!! That machine rides like a dream! I LOVE THAT BIKE. I will miss my Sporty though, sniff, sniff. Well maybe one day I'll have the means to garage 2 bikes.

I considered swapping lights but I kind of like the dual set-up. I'm keeping my dual headlights ... No apologizes guys, it's my ride.
Congrats on the new ride. And I like the dual set up. I was kinda bias at first but the more I see it the more I like it.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

The dual headlights, drag bars, fat tires and stock exhaust was what attracted me to the bike in the first place. Why change it? Plus liked the candy red sun-glo color. This is my first non-black Harley though the wife did have a silver '04 sportster. Did swap the mufflers for some Khrome Werks slip-ons though. Great sound to me. Ride on von Wolffe. You'll forget about your sportster in short order.

Last edited by wood butcher; 05-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser

I like the dual headlights but what the hell do I know. The front of the bike is what attracted me at first. Looks mean. I was hell bent on getting a Rocker till I noticed the Fat Bob. Love the black demin. Bike is bad *** looking. Feels better sitting on it than the Rocker and it's 4 grand less. Cant wait, picking up my FB next month. The list of mods is growing. Right off the bat I'm going with black short shots and a Mustang vintage solo seat. Enjoy your new toy!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
chrisg
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto for me, the fatness of the whole ride and the dual headlights sold me on the first sight of it. That's what set's it apart from everything else.

Fat Bob's rule.

Chris

Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wood butcher
The dual headlights, drag bars, fat tires and stock exhaust was what attracted me to the bike in the first place.
I agree. I didn't even consider a full exhaust because the Tommy Guns are so unique to the Fat Bob, as is the headlight. Plenty people have changed these, and while they looked good, the bikes lost some of that Fat Bob character.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
wbeem
Tourer

I didn't even consider swapping them out, as I also like the dual headlights. Some folks here hate 'em, but they can fix their own bike.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob vs. Fat Boy