Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealer had franchise pulled

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Angry My dealer had franchise pulled

I just found out that my local dealer had his franchise pulled by Harley. They are now in Federal court trying to resolve the dispute. He has to remove all Harley signs and logos in the store and on his street sign. I don't have any other details, but it is another case of Harley smacking a dealer. Hopefully all will work out and he will be back in it again. He does sell other brands but this is a rotten time to pull the franchise up here. Just had to vent the frustration.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks

Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
FFscheinost
Stage IV

Im from western MA and i wish one of the dealers in my area WOULD get their franchise pulled! They are crooks and giving harley an aweful name. we have 2 dealers about 25 miles apart, i got prices on a new low rider from both, same color, same options and 1 is $3200 more than the other! i also got charged $362 to put a new stock rear tire on my street bob.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I was lucky having a great dealer who treated me well every time. It was only 6 miles from my house. The other dealers in the area are between 90 and 140 miles away. The other part of it was that this dealer has been in business a long time and still treated customers the old fashioned way. I am just hoping that it all works out for the best with him. I have visited less personal dealers and have not been impressed with the new botique themes that Harley seems to be pushing. If I wanted a mall atmosphere than I would go to a mall. I feel bad for all the customers who have had only bad experiences in their travels. There are still good dealers out there, just takes some time to find them I guess. I have been spoiled and I want my local dealer back in the game.

The following users liked this post:
kevin Z06 (07-03-2020)
Old 04-01-2009, 07:38 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

whats the name of the dealer??????????

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
roadhouse
Tourer

Originally Posted by Drat
I just found out that my local dealer had his franchise pulled by Harley. They are now in Federal court trying to resolve the dispute. He has to remove all Harley signs and logos in the store and on his street sign. I don't have any other details, but it is another case of Harley smacking a dealer. Hopefully all will work out and he will be back in it again. He does sell other brands but this is a rotten time to pull the franchise up here. Just had to vent the frustration.
are u talking about sovies in postdam

Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
recon_sct
Advanced

Originally Posted by Drat
Hopefully all will work out and he will be back in it again. He does sell other brands but this is a rotten time to pull the franchise up here.
If Harley pulled their franchise then that dealer had some pretty shady business practices and Harley thought it best to protect their name and reputation by severing ties, I am sure you wouldn't want to patronize a business like that.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Doughboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by recon_sct
If Harley pulled their franchise then that dealer had some pretty shady business practices and Harley thought it best to protect their name and reputation by severing ties, I am sure you wouldn't want to patronize a business like that.

that would just be speculating.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know there are dealers that sell more than one brand of bike. We stopped in Cheyanne Wy and they sell Harleys AND Yamahas...if you can believe that. Rockville MD sells harley and metric too I believe. I never got that.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

There is probably more to him having his franchise pulled than you know.

Quick Reply: My dealer had franchise pulled