Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, Good News - Inner Primary Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a couple of O7 Dynas. Do I have anything to worry about? Is this 06 specific?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Charlie [Mortis421]
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandyDowdy

Thanks bud! I had to e-mail them they're missing some information, as I was not able to break it completely down.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie [Mortis421]
Thanks bud! I had to e-mail them they're missing some information, as I was not able to break it completely down.
Well at least you got a start. There is a better guide to breaking it down somewhere, but I can't find it just yet. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Inner primary bearing ID

Does anyone have a bearing number for the inner primary bearing or it's dimensions?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:45 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dynamic - '06 issue; you should be fine.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
zitman11
Novice

Wow...thanks guys...Just bought my first Harley (you guessed it 2006 Dyna...Wide Glide). After riding it for just shy of a month, I thought I might be paranoid after reading this thread, but brought it in still under the 30 used bike Warranty offered by my dealership. Sure enough, I have this problem but my dealership is aware of it and are fixing it under warranty...lucky me!

Will believe it in its entirety after I see the bill that says its covered when I pick her up....

Thank you all for the outstanding info here.

-Rich

Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Merf1st
4th Gear

My bearing went out at 21K. Harley is paying for the complete repair.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

Zitman; Are you just getting a new bearing & race, or are they going to replace the IP and Tranny cases, as well?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:33 AM
zitman11
Novice

PKelly; called them and asked the question quoting the entirety of the problem here and the defect listed....service response was that the 'defect' was the race, why should the replace the cases too?

So, while my dealership is informed about the problem...they aren't completely informed.

Looks like I will be waiting for it to happen again to go raise holy hell with them!

Old 07-17-2010, 03:24 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member

Please don't go off on them when/if it happens again...they only know what H-D tells them. Be courteous; it will get you more cooperation than raising hell. Should you have to revisit the problem, start with a call to Milwaukee Customer Service first!....they're the ones who will give your dealer authorization to fix it outside of warranty, and on H-D's dime. Explain that you're on failure #2, and ask for the "06A" IP & Tranny cases with the alignment dowels upgrade, this time. Remember, their pink letter is an admission of a design problem. If necessary, explain to them the experience of your HDForums brethren, and how we got the upgraded cases after the bearing/race "band-aid" failed to fix the root cause problem; mis-alignment. Though it won't help you now, save and print the case diagrams showing the '06 and '07 differences (early in this thread); educating your service people will grease the skids a little, when/if you have another failure. Let us know how it works out.

Quick Reply: Finally, Good News - Inner Primary Bearing