Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bike lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FATBOB.
me and my 5 friend all harley are going for a 8 hours ride...
promise my wife i will be back by 5pm for souper...have a
good day...
well you were the one who said come out and ride,and now when I am making every effort to come on out your getting all squirrely,first you say Sunday then i say ok Sunday now you say o! saturday ,but only with my freinds ...and have a nice day madd! my 5 freinds all harley ? what do you think i'll show up on a rice rocket?Thank you for that Fatts.

You sure are one hard dude to figure out FATBOB,are you affraid to make an offer on the rush? We have beeen talking for three weeks,and you keep trying to force me to reverse auction the pipes to you,what I'll message you another price you will say no so I'll message you another price-- dammit just come out and say you want me to drop them at your door for free! Maybe you think I need to sell those pipes, I'm sorry but you are acting like a little girl who is playing hard to get.

Last edited by maddghost; 06-13-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by maddghost
well you were the one who said come out and ride,and now when I am making every effort to come on out your getting all squirrely,first you say Sunday then i say ok Sunday now you say o! saturday ,but only with my freinds ...and have a nice day madd! my 5 freinds all harley ? what do you think i'll show up on a rice rocket?Thank you for that Fatts.

You sure are one hard dude to figure out FATBOB,are you affraid to make an offer on the rush? We have beeen talking for three weeks,and you keep trying to force me to reverse auction the pipes to you,what I'll message you another price you will say no so I'll message you another price-- dammit just come out and say you want me to drop them at your door for free! Maybe you think I need to sell those pipes, I'm sorry but you are acting like a little girl who is playing hard to get.
Sorry guys huge misunderstanding here,i must have been off my medzz! ta smorning!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:09 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Madd, the price is right but having bought a sears red jack that requires the lift adapters from HD....I wish I had just saved my cash and bought a J&S or Pitbull lift that is esigned to fit the Dyna frame without any adapters. Peace of mind is priceless.

One idea I just had though, to resolve the "2x6" issue with the adapters. Install a wheel chock so that would hold the bike straight up while you get the jack underneath it. That would need to be mounted to a solid floor (concrete).

I have found that jacking the bike up without a 2nd pair hands can be a dangerous situation. I've tried sitting on the bike and working the jack underneath...I didn't like that scenario. I've tried holding the bike upright but with apes, that isn't a viable option either.

These are just some things for you to ponder, Madd.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 06-13-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Madd, the price is right but having bought a sears red jack that requires the lift adapters from HD....I wish I had just saved my cash and bought a J&S or Pitbull lift that is esigned to fit the Dyna frame without any adapters. Peace of mind is priceless.

One idea I just had though, to resolve the "2x6" issue with the adapters. Install a wheel chock so that would hold the bike straight up while you get the jack underneath it. That would need to be mounted to a solid floor (concrete).

I have found that jacking the bike up without a 2nd pair hands can be a dangerous situation. I've tried sitting on the bike and working the jack underneath...I didn't like that scenario. I've tried holding the bike upright but with apes, that isn't a viable option either.

These are just some things for you to ponder, Madd.
HEHEEE well the dude hasn't emailed me back with a response yet,I may just buid nightrider's 20$ bike liftand dammit all to heck!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
Yep, I have my bike up on the exact same lift right now (07 Street Bob). It is not the most stable thing in the world, make sure you strap the bike down. You will need the little shims harley sells for the frame like you will with any jack. Those shims suck BTW, if you have to push on the bike at all they have a tendency to come apart (the shims that is).

To get the jack under the bike I drive it up on a couple of 2x6's with a larger enough hole between them to fit the jack under the bike. When it is flat on the ground the jack hits the kick stand and will not go far enough to get to the far side frame rails. It is not hard at all. Just make sure you also put a piece of 2x6 under the kick stand.

And here is a picture of why I will be nervous as hell until I get my wheel back from the powder coater:

That is exactly why I spent the money on my J&S These video and pic the bike is not strapped down and no adapters

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=JSJack.flv

Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow jaron that is a cool lift I've see the vid on their site as well I just don't want to shell that many clams. But I'll consider waiting and when I need al lift I'll probably get a good one because I know how I am getting these days and if you have good equippment you can do good work,and why settle for crap when the goods are out there I think SC longhair was telling me the same thing so this is looking unanamous.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Wow jaron that is a cool lift I've see the vid on their site as well I just don't want to shell that many clams. But I'll consider waiting and when I need al lift I'll probably get a good one because I know how I am getting these days and if you have good equippment you can do good work,and why settle for crap when the goods are out there I think SC longhair was telling me the same thing so this is looking unanamous.
Exactly!! Someone on here played lazy and didn't strap their bike down on a sears jack and off it went. So it took some selling to my wife and then when I sold one of my cars I had extra cash and there it goes. I love the jack and I have sat on it too on the Jack. I was nervous as hell, but I had too! My theory was a $400 investment to protect the 20k investment that sits on it. That got the wife on board too!! Gotta milk it every chance I get. But seriously I couldn't have asked for a better tool for my bike and since I bought it the bike has been on it everyday, but one. Yesterday I did some turn sig mods and it was nice not having to sit on the floor to get under the rear fender.

Last edited by JaronB; 06-13-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

looks like the one I got from Habor Frieght 2 yrs ago. on sale for $49.95 with $5 off coupon in paper...Its just like one of the sears also.