Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider solo seat help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Rider solo seat help...

I found a Low Rider that I am in love with, but I like solo seats. The problem is I am JUST BARELY flat-footing the bike. I can't afford to put a seat in it that pushes me back any further or raises me up any further. Anyone have any suggestions on a comfortable solo seat? I love the Mustang on my Sporty, but it definitely raised me up a bit.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
BONES206
Cruiser

Lepera makes an "up close" bare bones that might work for you. Also, I think Bar Enterprises
will make you a solo to your specs.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Doenutz
Novice

My Mustang Vintage Solo lowered me down approx. 1 inch and forward about 1 inch. I also put the backrest on with it, very comfortable!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

Anyone else have a Mustang Vintage lower and not raise them? (It raised me on my Sporty...but the stock seat on a Sporty has NO padding!) If so...that would solve my problem. I love my Mustang.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

My Mustang WVS dropped me down 1/2" to 3/4"

Old 07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
stwesty
Banned

check out my photos. I bought a seat off craiglist for 100 bux. it was off an 08 street bob. luv it!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:33 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are your two options........both of which I did on my 2007 Low Rider
1. The first year, even with the " REACH SEAT" I could only reach the ground ON MY TIP TOES. So, I bought HIGHER HEELED BOOTS. 4" heels worked wonders, but I still wasn't flat footed.
2. Year 2, I bought a set of 11" shocks and lowered the bike by a good 1.5". I also lowered the front forks at the same time.

WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE!!!! Like night and Day. I'm 5'2" with a 26" inseam. Now I'm totally flat footed WITH A BEND IN MY KNEE!!! I SOLD my Reach seat and was able to use the stock seat easliy.

Do yourself a huge favor...... lower the bike. The overall handling was VASTLY improved since my center of gravity was lowered, and I can actually stand in one spot and swing my leg over the bike with ease.....not have to take a running start.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

Originally Posted by LWOS
Here are your two options........both of which I did on my 2007 Low Rider
1. The first year, even with the " REACH SEAT" I could only reach the ground ON MY TIP TOES. So, I bought HIGHER HEELED BOOTS. 4" heels worked wonders, but I still wasn't flat footed.
2. Year 2, I bought a set of 11" shocks and lowered the bike by a good 1.5". I also lowered the front forks at the same time.

WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE!!!! Like night and Day. I'm 5'2" with a 26" inseam. Now I'm totally flat footed WITH A BEND IN MY KNEE!!! I SOLD my Reach seat and was able to use the stock seat easliy.

Do yourself a huge favor...... lower the bike. The overall handling was VASTLY improved since my center of gravity was lowered, and I can actually stand in one spot and swing my leg over the bike with ease.....not have to take a running start.
Thanks...that is very helpful information. I have a 29" inseam...but when I went for a test ride and stopped at a sign where there was a rut...I couldn't flat foot anymore. My one friend also test rode one and even though she's a bit taller, she had the same problem.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:41 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I mean, I'm so short, I couldn't even catch the kick stand with my heel and swing it forward to put it down. I was afraid I was going to loose my balance and fall over.
So I had to get their kick stand extension. So when I tell you I KNOW what you're talking about, I've experienced it all.
The second time I ever rode my bike, I came to a stop where the pavement had a slope to one side, and I couldn't hold the bike up beacuse we were tilted to the left too much..........and over I went. At least I was at a stop, so the only thing that got damaged was a scrape to the enging guard and a scrape to side part of my left rear turn signal.
So finally, after a year or hating to ride my brand new 2007 Low Rider, in the spring of 2008 we put 11" Progressive shocks and the Progressive Front Fork lowering kit and kick stand extension was the BEST money I ever spent ( that and the Kuryakyn pegs)....

Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

It is funny how different people are built. I'm 5'2", but I have a 29" inseam. My one friend is 5'4" and she has a 27" inseam. I had no trouble with the kickstand...she did. Thanks for all you info. You may get the dealer 2 sales. LOL!

Quick Reply: Low Rider solo seat help...