Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lapera Sorrento seat for my Low Rider???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 AM
migraywolf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lapera Sorrento seat for my Low Rider???

I am shopping for a more comfortable yet stylish seat for my Low Rider and am considering the Lapera Sorrento. My lower back hurts after about an hour on the stock seat and it is not very comfortable for the passenger either. For you Dyna guys and gals out there, what is your thoughts on this? Anyone using this seat? Can anyone share some pics of this seat on their dyna? I have also looked at ultimateseats.ca , but can't seem to get them to talk to me.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, if "Sorrento" is anything like their Barebones Solo, you'll be sorry. They look great, but comfort definitely wasn't considered when designing/building this seat.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 AM
migraywolf
Intermediate

hmm... The sorrento is between the silhouette and the maverick. I hope to learn a little more about some other brands before placing the order.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by migraywolf
hmm... The sorrento is between the silhouette and the maverick. I hope to learn a little more about some other brands before placing the order.
Check out Mustang seats. I have yet to hear anything negative about their quality or their comfort. I just picked up a Day Tripper Solo, but haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome from Nawlins!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lapera makes a range of great, good quality seats, but everyone's rear is different. I think my solo is comfy for example. The mustang is too wide and thick for my comfort and I've heard a few others complain about the same comfort issue with mustangs and some others.

It would be nice to have a showroom somewhere to test your rear on several seats, as you will find opinions all over the place here.. seems like seats is second only to pipes in discussion topics.... if you like a firmer seat, many like Corbin. C&C comes up often here too I think.... nothing wrong with Lepera either.

Check this thread out, if you haven't already:

http://www.*****************/forums/se...n-offered.html

Last edited by ColdCase; 08-07-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 AM
billycouldride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an 09 FXDC, and just installed the maverick on my bike a couple of days ago. today was actually first day of riding with it. hoping to ride with my wife this weekend (she being the reason for buying the seat).

call lepera, i dealt with a woman there named ashley, and she is awesome.
i left my number and she called me back and spent a good amount of time on the phone with me. they are not pushy in the least. she acutally stayed on the phone with me when she had me measure the stock seat to compare some numbers.

i was teetering between the sorrento & maverick but in the end chose the marverick. its really well made and looks great on the bike. also, they will put any cover on any seat, you can get black mat, or the shiny finish if you choose (dont just judge them by the finish you see on their web-page). they really work with you.

if you order from them, and want to return it for a different seat, you just have to pay the shipping. otherwise there is a charge if you just want your money back to shop elsewhere.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I've been looking for my lowrider too. Have looked at all the seats out there. LePera was a serious contender but they are very pricey. I'm looking at a studded Danny Gray solo Big Seat (leather) that I saw on denniskirk.com at a pretty good price.
Another seat I'm considering is Sport Tour 2up made by C&C. I hear great things about them. Mustang seats will probably be the best bet as far as comfort goes, but I want to be moved back a couple of inches and down a bit from what my stock seat gives me and I think the Danny Gray and the C&C will do that more than Mustang.

Of all the seat companies that I looked at and talked to, I think C&C gives the most for your money.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
migraywolf
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I realize that my question is kind of wide open as there are many varibles to consider in seats. I have discovered that Lapera is a little pricey, but I will pay if the comfort is there. Style is always important too and that is another reason I think I am going with Lapera. I am stationed in Okinawa Japan so calling them is very difficult with the time difference, but I have been talking with Christine Lapera via email and she has been very helpful. I did not know about their return policy so that is good to know. Thanks billycouldride! If I go with the Lapera seat, I will post pics and reviews on here. Thanks again all !

Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
roberttroll
Advanced

I have a lepera daytona - absolutely love it. Finish, fit, comfort all outstanding. Got it on closeout for $150. Before that i had a corbin gunfighter. Absolute piece of crap. uncomfortable as hell, and did not fit the bike properly. Corbin told me my bike must be the problem, refused to take it back. So i hack sawed the POS and mailed it to them in a box.

Quick Reply: Lapera Sorrento seat for my Low Rider???