2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods.... - Page 428 - Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Old 04-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biter View Post
Update
Fastlane headwork in the UK built this peach of a 110ci motor for my WideGlide The bike is lightning fast now, even staying with 600cc Sportsbikes up to around 110mph on runs to watch the British Superbike Championships.

The build involved headwork, valves, injectors, cams and an upgrade from 96ci to 110ci.

I have done around 2500 miles on it over the summer and it has been the best riding summer I have done to date.

Only negative has been that the engine power now pulls the spokes out of the hub. I used a 17x6 Crossbones rim laced to the original hub for my 200mm rear tyre. So I will need a new cast or forged 17x6 wheel. Pics to follow.

Hey man,

On a different note: What tail lights are they? They are combo brake/turn signals correct?

Thanks in advance!

Mule
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 AM

I’m amazed you’re having spoke problems. I’ve got nearly identical Dino numbers on my 07 Wide Glide and haven’t had any trouble.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:20 AM

I was hoping to not have issues, but both the the engine builder and the guys building the wheels said to watch out for it. They were high quality SS double butted spokes too.

It starts out as small fissures on the spokes close to the hub and then spokes start snapping. You cant hear it, or feel it. I had 7 spokes snapped the first time. This happened during one 4 month summer period of 3000 miles. The second time it happened was about the same duration.

Its fare too say that as ex Superbike riders our group rides harder than most. But obviously there was no point for me having this awesome engine and having to ride around being careful about too much throttle application.

As to why mine have failed and yours have not I do not know. Could be you have better spokes, different riding style, more slippage on a narrower tire under acceleration from stand still. Maybe a combination or non of the above
The Following User Says Thank You to Biter For This Useful Post:
all cumulus (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 03:25 AM
Default Extreme Machine Stiletto Black Cut Wheels on Dyna Wideglide

So on a happier note!

Old 04-17-2018, 05:22 AM
Club Member
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biter View Post
So on a happier note!

i don't miss those spokes at all, i am actually happy i don't have to worry about them, the tubes, flats truing... all that jazzz.... done.

super happy withe the custom wheeels