Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, it was only a matter of time....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, it was only a matter of time....

Today it happened. My bike fell off my Harbor Freight bike jack. I have some sort of rattle in the front end, so I decided to put my stock springs back in instead of the Works kit to see if that changed anything. I jacked the bike up, didn't use straps because it was gonna be a quick job, turned my back to get my mechanics gloves and WHAMMO!

Thank goodness I had removed the FXDXT fairing already. My gas tank is smashed on the left side, left footpeg is bent, primary cover got some scratches from that footpeg, left saddlebag smashed, and left rear turn signal broken. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

The good news is I talked to my painter that just did the fairing, and he wants to remove the pinstriping and the HD logos from my tank and paint something new instead. And his price is very affordable.

So, I'll be ordering the J&S jack. The bike never sat well on that Harbor Freight POS. I should've known it would happen sooner or later.

I'm crushed.

If you don't have the J&S, strap 'em down guys!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Dyna-Asa
Road Captain

I think I would have thrown up, good thing it didn't land on you

Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Yes, good thing indeed. My dogs were out there too, and they were clear too thank god. Somehow the bars didn't get any damage, no idea how though.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Ouch... same thing happened to me the other day unfortunately. BUT, thank God that there was a cushioned stool and some boxes that were able to break the fall. Only thing that broke on mine was the clutch lever. PHEW! But, lucky for you, it just gives you an excuse to change up the paint job a bit! haha.. sorry to hear that bro. But damn good thing you took the fairing off!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
DXrider
Cruiser

Oh man, to bad! At least no one got hurt. I have a K&L lift I don't trust. I think it's the frame on the bike. I need to use a special bracket just to get the bike to sit on the lift. It's weird setup.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

F'ing thing sounded like an explosion hitting the ground like that. KABOOOOM. I couldn't believe I was able to pick it up by myself.

So, tomorrow, instead of riding all day, I'll be removing the tank and taking it for repairs. I'll be in the bottle the rest of the night.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd trade that bike for a new Dyna.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
F'ing thing sounded like an explosion hitting the ground like that. KABOOOOM. I couldn't believe I was able to pick it up by myself.

So, tomorrow, instead of riding all day, I'll be removing the tank and taking it for repairs. I'll be in the bottle the rest of the night.

Adrenalin is a wonderful, in the right dose... and taken advantage of when you get a shot...

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear about this, but, on the bright side, just think about how awesome the new paint is going to look!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Zomb13
Cruiser

Dude that sucks, I feel for ya. Sorry man keep your head up.

Quick Reply: Well, it was only a matter of time....