Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm back, bike is fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back, bike is fixed!

Some of you might remember my unfortunate incident a few weeks ago where my bike fell off the lift in my garage, and smashed the tank up pretty good. Well, I got it back from repair and paint, and the bike is good as new! All told, the damage was the tank, the rear left turn signal and mount, saddle bag (popped back into place) and a couple scuffs on the primary that really aren't worth fixing. About $300 total, not bad considering how hard it hit the concrete.

I'm really happy with the paint. I told the guy I wanted a bar & shield logo with some red in it, and some sort of stripes leading up to it to fill in the rest of the tank. I wanted a stock look, but just a hair different. I think he achieved just that, and this winter I'll probably have him put the same stripes on the fairing.

Pics:

Before:

After:

Thoughts? Should I do the stripes on the fairing also?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Mole Rat
Cruiser
Default bike

Nice!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tank looks great, but I don't think I'd extend the stripes to the fairing unless you can line them up. Since they are straight, it would look a little weird to me if they weren't level.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

Wow. I dig the new tank. I'd do the same stripes on the fairing and fenders too.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Phrogman
The tank looks great, but I don't think I'd extend the stripes to the fairing unless you can line them up. Since they are straight, it would look a little weird to me if they weren't level.
Yeah I thought about that. I'll have to look close and see if they can be lined up, I'm not for sure on that yet.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thomaskray
Wow. I dig the new tank. I'd do the same stripes on the fairing and fenders too.
That's a thought, but my bags aren't quick release and I never take them off, so they'd be pretty well covered up all the time... I'm not sure how I could do them on the front fender though.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
kngobra
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I likes!!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So popping the dent and repainting the tank cost you less than $300? Damn that seems pretty cheap to me. If I ever need a paint job I may have to get his number from you. Looks great but I would leave the fairing plain myself.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

Sweet, man. He did a great job. I'd add a little red to the fairing and fender, but make it different, so the alignment is not an issue.
I'm about to add forward controls to mine, but like you did, leave my mid pegs in place to have another riding position when needed.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jb1023
So popping the dent and repainting the tank cost you less than $300? Damn that seems pretty cheap to me. If I ever need a paint job I may have to get his number from you. Looks great but I would leave the fairing plain myself.
Yep, I've done business with him before; he painted my fairing and did some powdercoating on a bike I used to have. Just a local guy, works out of his house, and yeah he really does great work. He fixed the dent and painted the tank for $200. If you want his name and number, give me a PM and I'll send it to you.

I'm torn on the fairing. I like the stripes so much that I want more of them, but I'm afraid it'll look a little too busy.

Quick Reply: I'm back, bike is fixed!