Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Lowrider idiot lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
jt1965
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Lowrider idiot lights

I am wanting to get new handlebars and the ones I like the best have the integrated riser. The problem is what do I do with the idiot lights? I have not found anything out there that would work yet. I am just wanting low bars that are pulled back a few more inches. I may have to manufacture something myself.

Wild 1 has a nice looking set for the lowrider. The WO560 loprofile drag bars are what I am looking at.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM
mojo
Tourer
Default RE: 06 Lowrider idiot lights

jt- I was wondering the same thing cause I also want to try some wild1 bars with internal wiring. I had my tank off and checked to see if there was room to mount it in the dash panel but there didn't seem to be. I have a couple parts that I looked at to move it but I haven't ordered anything yet as I am not sure if they would work. I will send you what i found. mojo

here is one that headwinds sells (6-0005CA), not real sure how it mounts? I also have a pic of it on a bike but it's not a very good pic

http://www.headwinds.com/images/6-0005.jpg

Old 06-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Renegade
Tourer

Good info. I want to change my handlebars to some with a little more pullback so I can keep the risers but I hope you guys find what you are looking for.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
jt1965
Road Captain

Actually now that I think about it it is kind of small and some buddie I was talking with thought maybe I could drill the center of the bars out to accomodate the lights And then just use the templates glued or otherwise attached to the center of the bar. I will test this with a piece of 1" pipe and see how it would look. I think it would be slick if it worked.

But if not it should be pretty easy to make up a bracket for that Headwinds part. Thanks for the reply.

JT

Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We did the exact same thing to my brother's Superglide.

He used the same Wild1 bars that you want to get.
PICS from WILD 1 Site.

First we had to get a Guage Mount Adapter. He ordered it for $99.99 through the dealer's Drag Specialties book.
LINK to Guage Mount.

Then we got a guage mount from an older model Dyna...the 2006s have the guage in the bar clamp, but the older models were seperate pieces. Stock is black wrinkle, but chrome ones are available.
Here is the one I got on Ebay.

We ran the wires through the bars and he really likes it. He's running a WideGlide seat with these bars and at 5'8" it's comfortable for him with no over-extending to reach the bars.

I'll work on some pics for you later.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
mojo
Tourer

It's a diferent setup on the lowrider then the superglide but that is some good info. these are actually just indicator lights verse gauges but the same principle applies, get em moved! I think you could seperate them and place them in the tank console individually or maybe put the turn signal indicators in the back of the turn signals or something like that? You can buy the lights seperately i did see when checking out that drag specialties link. keep me posted jt. Thx, mojo

indicator lights

Old 06-28-2006, 11:59 AM
jt1965
Road Captain

So If you swapped out the existing lights and assembled them in order From left to right Green, blue, yellow, red, and green. And knew what each one meant. You could drill five holes in the center of the t-bar and install these pretty easily. I think it would look sharp. Now to find the funds to order the new bars.

Worse case I would just tuck the lights away somewhere.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really curious as to what the Lowrider has. I've sat on them, but can't remember what the light setup looks like.

Can you get a pic? Maybe we can get you some more ideas.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 PM
ameristo
Cruiser

I have an 04 lowrider thar I changed the front end on and did away with the lights alltogether. I then went to Radio Shack and bought a couple of LED's (1-Red for oil pressure and 1-Green for neutral) drilled acouple of holes in the console between my tach and speedo and mounted them there. I do not know if you can see thes pics are not I will try to get better ones.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6102/0D9AEAD4754B4CB98FDD8055CD01FB4F.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
LandShark
Intermediate

I know this is an old post but I wanted to share my solution to the problem when I mounted my apes with short risers. I went to Auto Zone and purchased LED lights that come in packages of three, bought two, one blue color to match the bike for turn signals and neutral and a red on for oil pressure. The high beam was omitted cause its obvious when they are on.I drilled holes in the gauge consol and spliced the LEDs into the idiot light harness and voila' idiot lights without the cluster.

Quick Reply: 06 Lowrider idiot lights