Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 06:34 AM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Matt
Bike looks great as usual. Do you find the hand guards actually help a bit with the cold? I've been eyeing the Memphis shades ones but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Yes they help. I'm running powermadds with wind extensions on them for winter and their cage crackers .

Old 12-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Torco1
Cruiser
Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SarcastrophyIX
Is that a Dan Moto pipe? If so, how's the quality and performance? I've been interested in it, but the price makes it seem too good to be true...
I'm not saying this because I bought one, but it has so far waaay exceeded my expectations. I really only bought one because it's becoming a pain in the *** to buy performance parts in California and they provided a form on their website for California customers to fill out stating it will only be used on a competition only vehicle .......plus, it was less than $300 shipped. It's pretty mellow on idle so it doesn't drive my neighbors crazy and as soon as you open it up it sounds great, it has a really good sounding bark to it.

I have the screamin eagle street tuner for my bike and when I first put the DanMoto exhaust on, it pulled a lot further on the top end and the bottom end felt like it lost a little grunt. I rode it like this for a week and I would notice a little pinging when I would get on the gas hard....so I decided to mess with the tuner for the first time. When I bought the tuner, my local Harley shop uploaded the tune for me and it did run better than stock, so I figured it was good to go, however......when I finally hooked up the tuner to my bike I noticed the tune that was downloaded was a tune from a 96ci Street Bob, not a 103 like what I have. So I selected a tune that fit my bike as a starting point and then rode my bike with the tuner hooked up so it would record everything. After doing all of that and then fine tuning the info that was recorded my bike then ripped. It runs soooo much better now even with the cheap DanMoto exhaust, the low end hits hard and it still pulls really good on the top end and it eliminated the ping I was getting.

As it stands, I'm really happy with the exhaust. I'm not sure how long it will hold up, but as of right now I totally buy one again. The one problem I know people have with it is the ground clearance, I've scraped it a few times and I have 13.5" shock, so stock or lowered shocks will rub more often.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:48 PM
SarcastrophyIX
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torco1
I'm not saying this because I bought one, but it has so far waaay exceeded my expectations. I really only bought one because it's becoming a pain in the *** to buy performance parts in California and they provided a form on their website for California customers to fill out stating it will only be used on a competition only vehicle .......plus, it was less than $300 shipped. It's pretty mellow on idle so it doesn't drive my neighbors crazy and as soon as you open it up it sounds great, it has a really good sounding bark to it.

I have the screamin eagle street tuner for my bike and when I first put the DanMoto exhaust on, it pulled a lot further on the top end and the bottom end felt like it lost a little grunt. I rode it like this for a week and I would notice a little pinging when I would get on the gas hard....so I decided to mess with the tuner for the first time. When I bought the tuner, my local Harley shop uploaded the tune for me and it did run better than stock, so I figured it was good to go, however......when I finally hooked up the tuner to my bike I noticed the tune that was downloaded was a tune from a 96ci Street Bob, not a 103 like what I have. So I selected a tune that fit my bike as a starting point and then rode my bike with the tuner hooked up so it would record everything. After doing all of that and then fine tuning the info that was recorded my bike then ripped. It runs soooo much better now even with the cheap DanMoto exhaust, the low end hits hard and it still pulls really good on the top end and it eliminated the ping I was getting.

As it stands, I'm really happy with the exhaust. I'm not sure how long it will hold up, but as of right now I totally buy one again. The one problem I know people have with it is the ground clearance, I've scraped it a few times and I have 13.5" shock, so stock or lowered shocks will rub more often.
Hell yea man, thanks for the info! How long have you had it on?

Old 12-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Torco1
Cruiser
Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SarcastrophyIX
Hell yea man, thanks for the info! How long have you had it on?
It's only been a few weeks, so I'm hoping it holds up as far as not cracking or anything. It's pretty light compared to most exhaust, you can tell it's thinner gauge steel. When I put it on, it lined up and mounted perfectly without binding anywhere, so that should help as far as it not stress cracking. You're probably better off getting the stainless as opposed to the black, I wanted a black one but when I was looking into them most of the people I came across who have the black version said the finish started to look uneven and lighter on some areas. I'm sure you could have it powder-coated or even painted with engine paint.......if you want it in black.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:31 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Okay, the forum's been sitting still too long.
Since I don't have any new bike pix, here's some xmas wishes...

Merry Christmas Brothers!!!

Old 12-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Ironworker69
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Old 12-23-2017, 08:48 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Numa Albornoz
Lotsa stuff to like about that scoot.
I like the lowered signals the most though.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:17 AM
jlionsr
Intermediate
Received 62 Likes on 13 Posts

Happy holidays here is a few

Old 12-27-2017, 09:51 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

Merry Christmas to me!

I ordered up some Öhlins 13 3/8) from Howard at Motorcycle Metal. I feel I got a very fair price and excellent turn around for my order. Anyway, got them last night and had to get them on this morning.

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo43.jpgThug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo280.jpgThug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo663.jpg

Old 12-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Anybody else running the 1/4 fairing from Harley (not a knock off)?

I'm surprised by the poor fit of the windshields on the fairing. There are gaps where the two windshields meets the fairing so bugs, etc can come underneath or get trapped in the gaps themselves. Anybody else have this?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's