Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 01:24 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dyna

Originally Posted by vdop
All these are great improvements over stock. I didn't say they weren't, these bikes are a joke stock. I also destroyed my thunderheader with the stock shocks. I guess it's the way some people come across talking like they have a moto gp bike cause it's got tall bars and a fairing. Not saying everybody, I just see it a lot in here. It's hard to understand the tall narrow bars when there's not much traffic to lane split around here. Seems like everybody that sticks up for them is from cali, must be nasty traffic out there, I'd hate that. I probably do misunderstand people, and they probably misunderstand me. I've done everything I can on my budget to make my bike do everything better. I love it, but its not perfect and there's lots of bikes that would **** on it in every category. But it works pretty good for what it is. I just love dynas that are built to perform. I want to see more of them

Btw, I like what you've done with your street bob rather than the typical "bobber" route. Imo the street bob is the best late model dyna to start with. At first glance I thought yours was a dx, my favorite earlier dyna.

yes sir traffic sucks, just a matter of time before you get hit by a car around here, might happen your first year or 30th year. you are on a open highway flying having fun, then 1 hour latter dead stop so the splitting begins. everyone in a huge hurry switching lanes like crazy, check out a SF bay area, Sacramento, LA news channel website, for sure fatal bike wrecks often around here.

motor and suspension wise you and me have very similar set ups, although i would love to have those XB wheels you run, i know those wheels make a huge difference...i really wish i could ride it and experience it for myself.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:18 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I don't think you understand the "function" I and some of the other posters here are referring to.

I spend 99% of my time on the freeway, about half of that time in heavy traffic. I don't need or want a canyon carver (which seems to be the function you're describing). The value I find in this thread, besides all the great looking bikes, is in the California-purpose built freeway surfing machines.

Taller bars are more comfortable for some people (you said it yourself).

As for handling, since switching from low drag bars, to my much narrower and taller z-bars (11" total rise), I have way more control for low speed maneuvering, which is important for lane-splitting at rush hour in SOCAL. Dodging truck mirrors and Soccer-mom piloted SUVs is much easier with narrower bars. My bike is MUCH more nimble that it was before AND my lower back doesn't hurt after my 30 mile commute anymore. I don't have T-bars because I don't like how they look, but I'm a convert on the benefits of their height and narrow width.

I want better brakes and stickier tires, too, but those upgrades are lower priority than the things that make my ride more stable and comfortable at 80-90mph on rain-grooved, sketchy super slabs with strong intermittent cross winds. I haven't come across any mopeds or scooters out there, so I'll take your word on how much faster they are than I am.

I'm not sure if your comments were directed at me or not...my butt doesn't seem to be hurting any more than normal. I just thought I'd clarify the "function" I'm referring to in this thread, which is not the same as yours.

Cheers.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I can see how taller bars help clear car mirrors now that you mention it.

It's been since the early 70's that I rode in northern calif. Lane splitting was not necessary. But we did zip around Mt Tam, Highway 1 and other Marin/Sonama windy roads.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain

Here's my 2012 Street Bob, love the thread.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-067.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VIN1800
Here's my 2012 Street Bob, love the thread.

Nice! How did you get the Cruiser IIIs hard mounted? I had to worst time trying to get mine to sit right and ended up coughing up the money for the Leatherpro Repros.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:57 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain

Nice! How did you get the Cruiser IIIs hard mounted? I had to worst time trying to get mine to sit right and ended up coughing up the money for the Leatherpro Repros.
Thanks, I purchased them from Southeast Custom. I want the same bags you have.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VIN1800
Thanks, I purchased them from Southeast Custom. I want the same bags you have.
I think they look better than the FXDXT version...much sportier. If only they were sturdier and a tad bigger. I have no complaints about the Leatherpros though...they're worth the money.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain

I think they look better than the FXDXT version...much sportier. If only they were sturdier and a tad bigger. I have no complaints about the Leatherpros though...they're worth the money.
Very true, but for $300.00 I could not beat it. Next purchase for me is Leatherpros or Conleys

Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
JDavis187
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdlx
I would loose the pull back risers, apes don't look right with pull back risers. Why a long front fender and a cut rear fender? And running lights?
And then what the last guy said about slamming it.
But, If you like your bike don't listen to this click here. Ride it, enjoy it.
the pull backs are a temp fix, i have some straight ones that i was having clearance issues with.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 AM
JDavis187
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon95354
exactly...if you like your bike ride it and enjoy it, i feel your bike is more of a bobber/cruiser old school style. nothing wrong with that, honestly i want a triumph thruxton, bmw dual sport, ducati, and a vespa. every bike has a different purpose. yes i said vespa just for smashing around down town and **** you know, parking on the sidewalk where ever i want.

now if your a thug, your green bike with apes could be called thug style.
I wanted something different then every other bike on the road...maybe i misunderstood the "thug style" cause thats not what i had in mind when i built this bike. I guess you could say its more chopper then thug lol i didnt have a category in mind when i was building...btw a vespa would be fun as hell to ride alone in the dark with no one looking lol

Old 08-20-2013, 03:21 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My Favorite Blacked Out Version here!

Name:  IMG_20130312_185440.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  232.6 KB

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's