Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
So jealous of you guys i got a lot of work to do on my bike still and i hope my stupid job starts giving me more hours.moreover ncdyna952 i am blown by your bike i never thought a blacked out bike then a solid chrome pipe could look damn good
thanks for the kind words homie...yeh the only reason I even got that chrome thunderheader was cus I got it for 200 off a friend after I ripped a chunk off my old black one in a corner... but soon enough it will be black again lol. but I might keep it chrome, not sure yet, I kinda like the chrome pipe surprisingly. cus I hate chrome lol

Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ncdyna925
nope. I bought the front sprocket off ebay brand new and got the rear from a local shop and my buddy had the chain...so instead of spending 450 for the big als one I spent like 200 and I got some aftermarket gaskets from the local shop too so all in all I spent like 250 I think to do it and did all the work in my buddys garage

Well shoot teach me oh wise one lol. I want chain and was getting ready to spend some change on one

Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

Well shoot teach me oh wise one lol. I want chain and was getting ready to spend some change on one
lol just figure out the gearing you wanna run and look on ebay for a front sprocket then the rear sprocket then a chain lol... that's what I did, then aftermarket gaskets from a local shop. once you get the inner primary and outer primary off though its kinda of a bitch to bust off the lock nuts that hold the pulley but if you use a little heat and a impact it comes right off. everything else is pretty easy man. when you decide to do it pm me and I can help you through the process too if need be.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

lol just figure out the gearing you wanna run and look on ebay for a front sprocket then the rear sprocket then a chain lol... that's what I did, then aftermarket gaskets from a local shop. once you get the inner primary and outer primary off though its kinda of a bitch to bust off the lock nuts that hold the pulley but if you use a little heat and a impact it comes right off. everything else is pretty easy man. when you decide to do it pm me and I can help you through the process too if need be.

Not to be an idiot since I'm semi new to biked but how do i figure out the chain thing? I don't thibk I'm going to change it any different then what stock belt gives me just in chain

Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

Not to be an idiot since I'm semi new to biked but how do i figure out the chain thing? I don't thibk I'm going to change it any different then what stock belt gives me just in chain
that isn't a idiot question at all man. my buddy actually had already done a couple chain conversions for some of our other friends so he looked up the gearing ration from a fxdx for me because the fxdx's are geared down from the street bobs and I wanted some more snap out of my bike, so I run stock fxdx gearing. I wrote it all down somewhere, I will go look for it and let you know what gearing I am running. and the chain is super torque too, I love it!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

that isn't a idiot question at all man. my buddy actually had already done a couple chain conversions for some of our other friends so he looked up the gearing ration from a fxdx for me because the fxdx's are geared down from the street bobs and I wanted some more snap out of my bike, so I run stock fxdx gearing. I wrote it all down somewhere, I will go look for it and let you know what gearing I am running. and the chain is super torque too, I love it!

Gotcha im not a big gear head so ill understand some of it. But the reason i want chain ia i plan someday hopefully s9oner rather then later to drop a 120 block engine in the bike amd gice it some intense power amd i feel chain is better suited for that then belt

Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

Gotcha im not a big gear head so ill understand some of it. But the reason i want chain ia i plan someday hopefully s9oner rather then later to drop a 120 block engine in the bike amd gice it some intense power amd i feel chain is better suited for that then belt
yeh my motor is just a stock 96 because im poor lol... soon it will have some new cams and a new tuner (once I get my tax refund lol)... but IMO the chain can handle a lot more than a belt can, and I know that can be argued both ways.... but once a chain does it initial stretch it will not stretch anymore so it will capable of holding more power than a belt that almost constantly stretches. like I said that is just my opinion though and I am not always right, trust me I get proven wrong all the time lol.. but personally I like the chain a lot more, my bike is a lot more responsive and there is no hesitation from the time I locked the throttle to the time I feel the bike pick up.... I definatly feel the power come on quicker than when I had my belt... being that I come from racing dirtbikes the easiest way for me to explain it is to say its like going from a carberueted 450 to a fuel injected 450... its a whole new ballfield

Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I don't notice the heat from mine at all, but I think the way the headers flow keep it away from my knee. Unfortunately, my wife is making lots of noise about how dangerous the exposed headers are in the garage where the kids run through with their skate boards and hockey skates. I just picked up some ebay-generic shields that I'm gonna modify slightly so the bronze still shows, but will offer some protection for kids running their hands on everything they pass. My kids know better, but we have that house where all the others like to play.

I've been working hard at getting the bronze to spread, lots of miles on it.

I think the Buddy's exhaust was modified by SPFabrication with stainless headers. I have a close up somewhere I'll post later. It looks pretty cool.
im pretty sure big al cut and shortened buddys t header for him and the coating on it is just a ceramic coating from a shop in nor cal if Im not mistaken but I could be wrong with that info

Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

yeh my motor is just a stock 96 because im poor lol... soon it will have some new cams and a new tuner (once I get my tax refund lol)... but IMO the chain can handle a lot more than a belt can, and I know that can be argued both ways.... but once a chain does it initial stretch it will not stretch anymore so it will capable of holding more power than a belt that almost constantly stretches. like I said that is just my opinion though and I am not always right, trust me I get proven wrong all the time lol.. but personally I like the chain a lot more, my bike is a lot more responsive and there is no hesitation from the time I locked the throttle to the time I feel the bike pick up.... I definatly feel the power come on quicker than when I had my belt... being that I come from racing dirtbikes the easiest way for me to explain it is to say its like going from a carberueted 450 to a fuel injected 450... its a whole new ballfield
What you just said makes sense to me. I just don't see how a belt is suitable for big power i mean i understand for some plug and play it may be fine. Oh trust me I'm poor to i won't have that engine till like for years from now. I'm a broke bum here too but it'll be worth it since i plan on keeping my bike for life anyways

Old 01-16-2014, 12:17 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

im pretty sure big al cut and shortened buddys t header for him and the coating on it is just a ceramic coating from a shop in nor cal if Im not mistaken but I could be wrong with that info
Yeah, I think you're right. I don't have a close up of Buddy's, but here's one of Kade Gates' bike with a Big Al's logo on it. Those headers look like brushed stainless to me.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-unk20131124_122111.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's