Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:00 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Avirex64
Yup it bolted up just fine, but I know what you mean about the breathing room, its pretty damn close. I'm running the Avon Cobras 120/70/21 front and 180/55/18 rear.
Badass man, same size tire I'm running in the front, but Metzler. Will be trying the Avons next time around....and hopefully swapping wheels then too

Thanks for the info. Take it easy.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Badass man, same size tire I'm running in the front, but Metzler. Will be trying the Avons next time around....and hopefully swapping wheels then too

Thanks for the info. Take it easy.
I've ran the Commander II's, Metzlers and now the Avons. The Avons are for sure the best performing tires IMO out of all 3. You'll be happy with them.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:41 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yup it bolted up just fine, but I know what you mean about the breathing room, its pretty damn close. I'm running the Avon Cobras 120/70/21 front and 180/55/18 rear.
Be careful with it that close. When I had a tire that was really close I thought it would be fine but over 100 the tire would grow enough to hit and it ended up bubbling the clear coat before I noticed. Those wheels look great btw, and I usually don't like 21s.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:56 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Be careful with it that close. When I had a tire that was really close I thought it would be fine but over 100 the tire would grow enough to hit and it ended up bubbling the clear coat before I noticed. Those wheels look great btw, and I usually don't like 21s.
That's great advice cause before I notched my fender I was smelling rubber on the highway.....to find out it was rubbing the shot out of the bottom. I got real lucky.

Just keep an eye out.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:16 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 724 Likes on 335 Posts

Meh, not as gangstered as most in here but it is what it is. Probably won't ever get a fairing unless one falls off a truck and lands in my lap. 03, 95in, older dual disc 39mm, t-header, 8in risers and narrowed Sportster bars. Was wheeling Sportsters since selling my 05 DX a few years ago. Miss the DX but I'll score another one someday. Once all the trend humping dies down.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-_20141113_120735.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-_20141113_120755.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-_20141113_120722.jpg  
Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm taking off the wheels to have them painted this winter when I'm doing my motor work so I might end up running them then.

New wheels look great!

What color are you planning to paint them?

As others have mentioned, I would definitely clearance that front fender for triple digit speeds though.

Also, any plans to upgrade the brakes?

Old 11-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT

New wheels look great!

What color are you planning to paint them?

As others have mentioned, I would definitely clearance that front fender for triple digit speeds though.

Also, any plans to upgrade the brakes?

I guess I got lucky with the fender. I rode for about 2 hours yesterday hitting over 100 for long periods of time and had no issues. I'm going to paint the lip of the rim white pearl to match the tins. I honestly feel like I have enough stopping power as it is. I am either gonna get Wilwood or PM calipers, but other than that I'm not gonna go dual disk or anything.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 AM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn....damn...damn....just plain badassery all around....real nice Avirex...

Old 11-14-2014, 09:26 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default I'm back for now

Guys;
I'm using this thread only because this is the group of guys I interacted with on a regular basis.

I'm back to the USA for a while. I spent 5 months in northern Thailand (with a few trips home and to DC in between.)

The big BMW GS was the right bike for the environment. The Street Bob wouldn't have faired well on the roads. The rainy season was brutal anyway.

I got the site setup and trained a couple of local guys. We'll see if it sticks. If not, I'll go back next year.

So, my bike arrived yesterday and I'm home. The next step is to pick up a Sportster and set it up as a cafe or tracker style bike.

Attached are a couple of target styles I'm considering.

I won't pollute this awesome thread with my junk, but I will report back with a link to a build thread in the Sportster section.

BTW. Some incredible bikes keep popping up in here. That copper colored beast is badass!!

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-harley_sportster_tracker.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-ryca-sportster-cafe-racer-01.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks bro, I haven't done the motor yet. Everything is sitting in my living room ready to go. I'm gonna wait until the nice weather is completely gone which looks like it's gonna be soon.

Once the motor is done, I get my new pipe made and a couple other little things I will slow down for a bit lol.
Originally Posted by SLV
Guys;
I'm using this thread only because this is the group of guys I interacted with on a regular basis.

I'm back to the USA for a while. I spent 5 months in northern Thailand (with a few trips home and to DC in between.)

The big BMW GS was the right bike for the environment. The Street Bob wouldn't have faired well on the roads. The rainy season was brutal anyway.

I got the site setup and trained a couple of local guys. We'll see if it sticks. If not, I'll go back next year.

So, my bike arrived yesterday and I'm home. The next step is to pick up a Sportster and set it up as a cafe or tracker style bike.

Attached are a couple of target styles I'm considering.

I won't pollute this awesome thread with my junk, but I will report back with a link to a build thread in the Sportster section.

BTW. Some incredible bikes keep popping up in here. That copper colored beast is badass!!
Always good to hear from you SLV, looking forward to your build!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's